Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sega CD and Retroarch using .rar rom files

gunit

Retroarch supports 7z and zip.. Try compressing one and enable 7z in Rocketlauncher

C_Wilson, Just a note, following your method, it actually clarifies that retroarch doesn't support 7z directly, even though Rocket Launcher will extract the 7z content to a temp folder, and then, retroarch will open that extracted content, being a cue or any other rom format. As far as I know, retroarch cores supports loading directly zip, cue, bin, pbp (PCSXR rearmed), and some others, but not 7z, not directly.

C_Wilson, Just a note, following your method, it actually clarifies that retroarch doesn't support 7z directly, even though Rocket Launcher will extract the 7z content to a temp folder, and then, retroarch will open that extracted content, being a cue or any other rom format. As far as I know, retroarch cores supports loading directly zip, cue, bin, pbp (PCSXR rearmed), and some others, but not 7z, not directly.

Oh okay. So your sayin if I loaded a 7z file with retroarch. It wont work, but if I load the same 7z file with rocketlauncher, that in turn loads retroarch. It will work?

Dougan is right. Retro Arch may be able to run a compressed file using its own compression algarythms. However it's much more stable when running the compression through rocket launcher. That way you can control it and your systems stay unifirmal.

However, like you said, the so called Hyperspin ready set is in the older format of ccd. This could be changed with an edit to the module in either this or one of the other systems which use this format I cannot remember. But I'm sure they would have made that edit perminant now if it was this??

There is another set with another format, I'm sure this would give more joy... Unless anyone can remember if this was the one that did work??

Probabyky worth a thread in the rlaincher forums to see if I'm just talking out my ass hehe 

• 1 year later...

Archived