Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hello...CRC question

DazzPFR

I'm pretty new to this Hyperspin thing but I'm loving it so far.  I have my Super NES and Genesis setup perfectly...I'm having issues with the Sony Playstation though...it says my database has no CRCs?  I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue.  Thanks any help is appreciated.

I assume you're using Don's Rom Renamer.  Games like PSX that are disc-based won't have a CRC value in the XML database.  Usually only older systems, like SNES and ATARI, have CRC values.  To make these games match your database, you have to go through one-at-a-time and rename them.  I spent yesterday working on my Nintendo DS collection and am working today on PSX.  Its a pain in the butt, but there isn't really another solution to make the game-names match.

• 1 year later...

I downloaded a few PSX games while I'm waiting on the full torrent to download and tried Don's HyperSpin tools (which I've used successfully on many other systems) and just tried turtorrent.  Neither were successful with the PSX games.

Do you have any suggestions for any others?

There's only one torrent for all PSX files that I could find with a Google search.  It's a redump project, but of course, none of the names match.

I'm assuming many other people have downloaded and are using this, but to manually have to change 1800+ names would take forever and I just don't have that in me lol.

Thanks,

--J

Are you downloading the one that is 455gb?  That's what I'm downloading and it has 24 hours to go.  It's the largest file I've ever downloaded, lol.

Anyway, I'll update here, too, to let you know how it goes.

Let me know what you find.  Maybe if we have to work on it, we can somehow work together.

Thanks,

--J

Archived