Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin version 1.4 released for all

gigapig

As you may have seen in the downloads section HyperSpin 1.4 has now been released for everyone to use and is now considered stable.

This download only includes the exe and a scripts folder so if you are downloading HyperSpin for the first time you will also need the 1.3.3 download as well.

Instructions for use.

Extract the exe  into your HyperSpin folder and overwrite (you may want to backup the original first)

Open the settings.ini file located in C:\HyperSpin\Settings and change the path to HyperLaunch to Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe if you have it installed on another drive then make sure you use the correct drive letter. This new version needs the full path to the launcher due to there being two launchers available at the moment (HyperLaunch & RocketLauncher.)

Those of you on 1.3.3. who have used the Transition tool will need to do the above and also restore the backed up ini files, which should be in the "Settings" folder. 

Download it Here. Full change log is on the download page.

Now for some words of warning.

Firstly do you need this version if you're happy with your current set up and it's all working? You can of course give this version a try by just swapping out the exe (backup your old one) if you're not using RL.

Secondly some third party apps no longer work or do not work fully. Examples would be HyperSpeech which now only reads sub wheel info and for some HiToText no longer works and will crash. There may be others also which no longer work.

Please read the full change log, if you are wondering about the scripts folder then change 002 will explain that. I am not aware of any available scripts at the moment.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using 1.4 r15 since it was release to platinum users some time ago, and I have been unable to reproduce any of the issues mentioned in this thread.  (On Windows 7, and now Windows 10).

Sounds like the problems are unique to the systems HyperSpin is loaded on, therefore very hard to diagnose and troubleshoot.

Windows FOCUS problems are normally related to some other program stealing focus.  Start closing programs and processes until the problem goes away.  

ROMS folder crashing could be a corrupt file, but if I was to guess its an invalid file name, or some special character in the file name/path that HyperHQ doesn't like.  I'd start looking at the files and folders themselves if I was having the issue.  Could be a FiLeNaMe CaSe IsSuE too.  I know HyperSpin itself has issues with that.  (XML file reference vs. real file name - if the case doesn't match it does weird things)

ROMS folder crashing could be a corrupt file, but if I was to guess its an invalid file name, or some special character in the file name/path that HyperHQ doesn't like.  I'd start looking at the files and folders themselves if I was having the issue.  Could be a FiLeNaMe CaSe IsSuE too.  I know HyperSpin itself has issues with that.  (XML file reference vs. real file name - if the case doesn't match it does weird things)

It would happen even before I have chosen the folder.  It could be whenever I just hit browse.  It is also random how long it takes as I've managed to direct it to the folder eventually, be it after the first try or 21st try.

This is on two separate computers running windows 10 (though both using the same fresh Hyperspin install I done this weekend as I copied it over ).  Both also using the same directories as I'm keeping all the roms on my NAS.  Which could be the issue but like I said, sometimes it would crash before I opened and folder on that drive.

thanks for the update giga, great news.

however how is this going to be packaged?  Will this still be just a patch for the 1.3?

Please dont think this as a moan... just trying to help a little bit.  but it would be nice if we had as downloads...

- 1.4 stock download  of Hyperspin, as in all the files so the only thing needed was the program you wan to use to run it.  HL, RL or on its own for those who love punishment ;)

- 1.4 Patch files.  Basically the same files we have now so people can upgrade if they have old school HS

- 1.3 version with all the crap taken out.  I mean having the Hyperlaunch 2 stuff just makes it even more confusing.

- 1.3 With the HL2 files.  Spose this would be the Official supported bundle.. hehe that no one can remember how to work it.

Now I know that the download may have already been sorted.  Everything above could have already been done, I aint looked there in ages, but I know the last time I did, it just added to the confusion for people.

In an Ideal world it would be nice to have permissions to use bot RL and HS together in a download.  Then the folder structure could be pre configured and the only thing left for the new user to do would be to run the tool and change the path.

But great work guys.  Fantastic job! 

It would happen even before I have chosen the folder.  It could be whenever I just hit browse.  It is also random how long it takes as I've managed to direct it to the folder eventually, be it after the first try or 21st try.

This is on two separate computers running windows 10 (though both using the same fresh Hyperspin install I done this weekend as I copied it over ).  Both also using the same directories as I'm keeping all the roms on my NAS.  Which could be the issue but like I said, sometimes it would crash before I opened and folder on that drive.

HyperHQ was not updated with the HyperSpin 1.4 release.   HyperHQ.exe is still version 1.3.   So I suspect the HyperSpin 1.4 release has nothing to do with the crashing issues.  

Since you mention NAS, I would remove that from the equation first in troubleshooting.  (copy a ROM set to the local drive and see if you can make that crash)

How are you mapping the NAS?  SymLinks?   Mapped Drive to UNC path?  

Did you have this issue before you started using the new HS?  I have always had this happen the first time HS starts.  After the first launch, it loads right away.  Regardless of the version.

Thanks,

Ron

I have a problem with playing the videos. When i select a console you hear first the sound of a video and then 3 secons later het begins playing the video. This is very annoying.

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived