Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Bitgamer

gunit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it was the same people that hacked the ashley madison site. Prepare for your obsession to games to be broadcast to the world.

Where did you hear that? Those people an an issue with Ashley Madison committing fraud and lying to their customers. What issue could they possibly have with BitGamer? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any of the harder sets to find on BG? I don't want to get in if all I'm getting is from the Wii and up

I'm interested only in the pre PS3-360 generation.

What type of specs do you need to successfully emulate Wii and up? I thought emulation for these higher end systems was never going to pan out? I mean, mame still can't emulate teken/virtual fighter/war gods/etc with out that crazy laggy unplayable emulation. N64 emulation still hasn't been 100% successful either. Have you found a way to emulate higher level systems without that??

Are there any of the harder sets to find on BG? I don't want to get in if all I'm getting is from the Wii and up

I'm interested only in the pre PS3-360 generation.

What type of specs do you need to successfully emulate Wii and up? I thought emulation for these higher end systems was never going to pan out? I mean, mame still can't emulate teken/virtual fighter/war gods/etc with out that crazy laggy unplayable emulation. N64 emulation still hasn't been 100% successful either. Have you found a way to emulate higher level systems without that??

The Wii/Gamecube emulator, Dolphin is one of the best emulators out there. It can run the majority of games very well on fairly modest hardware.

MAME won't emulate more modern games because all the 3D rendering is done via software on the CPU meaning unless you have a supercomputer it's going to lag.

I must have given up to soon on these higher end systems. I will try this one sooooon. Question though...how does that translate the analog control to a arcade joystick? Kinda feels like most higher gen consoles are wasted in an arcade. After every thing went all " 3rd " dimension N64 area and up, seems like it was all about that darn analog stick. Something like Luigi's castle seems unplayable because of the analog stick. Am I missing something?

I can run a lot of Gamecube games at full speed with a G3258 processor. Internal graphics, overclocked from 3.2 to 4.3 ghz. Dolphin loves processing speed and not the GPU so much. Most old systems love processors and not a beefy card, unless it's Naomi or Atomiswave. But, I've had success with those too. Mostly ;)

I can run a lot of Gamecube games at full speed with a G3258 processor. Internal graphics, overclocked from 3.2 to 4.3 ghz. Dolphin loves processing speed and not the GPU so much. Most old systems love processors and not a beefy card, unless it's Naomi or Atomiswave. But, I've had success with those too. Mostly ;)

Its just weird to me that the MAME emu can't handle tekken, but this Dolphin can handle Gamecube.

Awesomeness... 

Isn't the problem with MAME that it wants to emulate games as accurate as possible sometimes to the detriment of playability? especially without a gpu being able to chime in.

That's been my experience. However, most games are fully playable. I still have major issues with Virtua Fighter no matter what config I run with.

Its just weird to me that the MAME emu can't handle tekken, but this Dolphin can handle Gamecube.

Awesomeness...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Archived