Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Xbox controller and arcade buttons

energyboost

Hi, i have my cab up and running perfectly well but some times just want to chill on the sofa and play games with xbox 360 controller, what would be the best way to set this up so i dont have to change key maps every time?

I have all my buttons mapped to keyboard strokes, i have set up joytokey profiles for all the systems that dont use analogue controls and this is working well, its just the systems that use analogue that im having problems with (PS1, PS2, N64 etc)

This is a pretty vague question, as there are a lot of arcade emulators / systems out there... but...

I currently have xpadder setup for MAME as follows:

Games that use 3 buttons or less: 

XBOX X = Button 1

XBOX A = Button 2 

XBOX B = Button 3

Games that use 4 or more buttons:

XBOX X = Button 1

XBOX Y = Button 2

XBOX L1 = Button 3

XBOX A = Button 4

XBOX B = Button 5

XBOX R1 = Button 6

This works well because it maintains the logical positioning for 3 button games and also for fighting games that use 6 buttons like Street Fighter...

The best method to use, if you are going to use multiple controllers IMHO...

Setup Xpadder to a keyboard. and Everytime you plug in a controller, xpadder will automatically pull up that controller's profile in the background.

This allows me to use Genesis/NES/SNES/Xbox/PS2/N64/Gamecube etc controllers all for the same system without ever having to change a thing once it's setup.

I use a controller scheme like this:
D-Pad = Up/Down/Left/Right

Left Stick = WSAD

Right Stick = Numpad 8/2/4/6

A = f

B = g
X = r

Y = t

R1 / Z = z

L1 / C = x

L2 = q

R2 = e

L3 = y

R3 = h

Select = c

Start = v

Once you've setup that profile with each controller you use, and subsequently for every emulator, you will NEVER have to fiddle with controls again and you can swap mid game for any controller you want.

• 2 weeks later...

The best method to use, if you are going to use multiple controllers IMHO...

Setup Xpadder to a keyboard. and Everytime you plug in a controller, xpadder will automatically pull up that controller's profile in the background.

This allows me to use Genesis/NES/SNES/Xbox/PS2/N64/Gamecube etc controllers all for the same system without ever having to change a thing once it's setup.

I use a controller scheme like this:

D-Pad = Up/Down/Left/Right

Left Stick = WSAD

Right Stick = Numpad 8/2/4/6

A = f

B = g

X = r

Y = t

R1 / Z = z

L1 / C = x

L2 = q

R2 = e

L3 = y

R3 = h

Select = c

Start = v

Once you've setup that profile with each controller you use, and subsequently for every emulator, you will NEVER have to fiddle with controls again and you can swap mid game for any controller you want.

How do you have it set for player 2, 3 and 4 though? That's the issue I always run into.

Archived