Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin/Mame Launching Problem

JustAnotherRat

I am hoping someone might be able to assist me with a problem I have been having lately.

I have not changed anything on my cabinets configuration for a long time but this problem has started so I know it is not caused by a change in configuration. I have an arcade monitor in my cabinet running from a PC that uses Soft 15Hz to enable to images to display. I have an old version of MAME (I think it is 0.131.0.0) and I am running Hyperspin (version 1.2.0.0) and it all runs on Windows XP 32-bit. I do have other emulators share the same main Hyperspin wheel but don't believe that could be causing the issue.

I have recorded the problem as it is a bit difficult to explain what I am seeing. In the video, the first time I attempt to launch the game the problem occurs however once I exit the game and relaunch it the game loads as required. Sometime when I try I need to try launching the game over and over again, eventually it will work but I have to be very persistent which is obviously annoying.

I uploaded the video to YouTube and it can be found here:

I was thinking that it was a Soft 15Hz problem and that it wasn't kicking in sometimes but then realised that Hyperspin wouldn't be displaying if the Soft 15Hz wasn't already working so I have no idea.... Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks.

Archived