Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin is lagging something fierce

evilmurray

Hi, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Mac Mini (late 2012, specs listed below) via Bootstrap.

Everything runs great so far, except HyperSpin. I have only synced two systems, NES and SNES. But it has become really laggy, and freezes up when I first launch it. Right after the intro video. The wheel pops up, but no other graphics appear for 5-10 seconds. Then when I enter the wheel, it pauses for a couple of seconds again before loading the content. 

I have run earlier versions of HyperSpin on the same hardware without problems. The HyperSpin is such a beautiful and crucial part of the setup I want, so I am asking the community if you know whats going on?

Software specs

Windows 10 Enterprise

HyperSpin 1.4 (newest)

Hardware specs

Processor: 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Sounds like you might have the same issue I (and others) had this past week.

Sounds like your antivirus is blocking HS from running properly. In your AV software make an exception for Hypespin.exe (I also excepted RocketLauncher.exe, HyperHQ etc...).

Try that.

Here's my topic on it: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/11249-did-something-change-with-hs-yesterday/

Have this same issue driving me crazy, worked perfect in windows 7 and somehow i return from vacation and windows 10 is installed on my arcade cabinet.

I only have malwarebytes running and Ive already tried exiting it and running hyperspin and the problem persists. Its not a rocketlauncher issue because it happens before any games are even passed to rocketlauncher. 

I start hyperspin, the intro video plays fine, the wheels all show up on the screen but no wheel themes for 30-45 seconds and then when I do select a wheel the games are listed but no themes and it takes another 30-45 seconds for them to show up. If i select a game it runs fine and Ive already tried turning off UAC in windows 10 as well as setting all the exe in hyperspin to compatibility mode win 7 and run as administrator. The wierd thing is that sometimes the delay is longer than others and occasionally there is no delay at all when starting hyperspin but its usually after ive been in hyperspin and exited and then re started hyperspin. I checked my HDD speeds and they are fine, in task manager there is less than 10% cpu usage and have plenty of ram free. Not sure whats up but windows 10 can suck it.

Sounds like you might have the same issue I (and others) had this past week.

Sounds like your antivirus is blocking HS from running properly. In your AV software make an exception for Hypespin.exe (I also excepted RocketLauncher.exe, HyperHQ etc...).

Try that.

Here's my topic on it: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/11249-did-something-change-with-hs-yesterday/

It ended up being windows defender, I turned that worthless piece of sotware off and all works again. Thanks for the Tip!

Have this same issue driving me crazy, worked perfect in windows 7 and somehow i return from vacation and windows 10 is installed on my arcade cabinet.

I only have malwarebytes running and Ive already tried exiting it and running hyperspin and the problem persists. Its not a rocketlauncher issue because it happens before any games are even passed to rocketlauncher. 

Try the solution Metalzoic mentioned. Open Windows Defender and add exclusions to the Hyperspin.exe and HyperHQ.exe. Worked like a charm for me.

• 8 months later...

So glad I found this thread...I got this all of a sudden after using HS on Windows 10 for the last 6 months.

Thought I was going insane when everything on my computer was working except HS exe. (Even my old backups would take 3 mins to launch.)

God forbid Windows defender tell you what it's doing when it's holding up an exe :/

• 2 years later...

Archived