Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Older Mame roms and XML files

cditty

I have my HyperSpin setup finally finished and we are enjoying it.  I do have a question though the whole XML database system works.  

I am using .151 roms but the only xml database that I can find is for .160.  How do I find the xml file for my version of roms?  I found Don's XML Tools and can build a custom xml fileset, but then I lose the ability to categorize my roms and the ability to filter out the parent only roms.  (When I use Don's tool, I suddenly have tons of child roms of the same name in my listings. To clear it up, I have to redownload the xml from here.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the .151 xml with all the additional information in it?

Thanks

You don't necessarily need a matching XML. The names of ROMs change sometimes, but it's pretty infrequent. That's all that would affect you.

And Don's is the tool to use. You may use it to filter out clones, it's an option on the left. You could also do the same thing via HyperHQ.

Archived