Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

A little help needed !

Kevwiener

hi guys / girls

i have setup hyperspin and rocket launcher and followed the guides, but i cannot get any of my kb buttons to work other than esc, if i launch a game from rocket launcher to test it then it works fine but as soon as i open up hyperspin it doesnt do anything for me ive tried pressing tab to get the options up but nothing :( any one got an idea what it might be ?

im running the latest version of hyperspin and im also running windows 10 not sure if thats the issue or not as i havent used hyperspin before.

thanks

kev

Games not listed in hyperspin could be a database issue.

For now though let's focus on getting your keys working.

Which emulator are you trying to setup? Give an example of a game.

Have you configured your controls within the emulator?

Please give some details.

hey there im just trying to get MAME working just simply on pacman, i cant get into the setting on the emulator using the tab key, although i did have some success last night i got the games to show but i couldnt get them to load, ill give it another shot tonight when i finish work and update with my progress.

thanks for replying iNTiGOD much appreciated :)

It's strange that you can't get into your emulator settings using the tab key.

I'm assuming you are pressing tab when a game like pacman is running?

Go into your cfg folder (found within mame), make a backup of any files there, delete the contents of the cfg folder. This folder contains the key config settings for mame.

When you launch pacman the keys should return to the defaults so the tab key should work. Then reconfigure your keys.

its very weird i did get qbert to also work but then when i quit the game and went back to the menu i could not load any other games the enter key doesnt work or any of the credit or start keys, now i cant get any games to load from hyperspin :(

i was pressing the tab key in hyperspin and also in a game but it made no difference.

ive removed the files out of the cfg folder also.

if i start mame64.exe the rom and buttons work fine too so i must be missing something in hyperspin.

Hmm sounds to me like your confusing mame and hyperspin.

Remember configuring the controls for a game only takes place within mame.

If you want to configure the controls for hyperspin eg to run a game or move up and down a games list you need to use HyperHQ.

To check if your database (xml) file matches your roms you can audit them in the game launcher eg. RocketlauncherHQ.

Have a look at this guide

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrcf4W1LFU

Here is another excellent guide

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/2187-how-to-install-hyperspin/

There are also Austins videos as well :)

Sorry on my mobile for answers

Archived