The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Which drive for HyperSpin

matabhaine

I have been trying to setup HyperSpin for a few years but it never goes to plan. I would really like to have everything on a single C: drive but I think the WD 6tb red/green drives might only be usefull for storage and maybe too slow for windows 7 OS, although HyperSpin doesn't need a fast HDD like e.g. latest modern gaming. If any one knows better, regarding this, please lend your experience please. Also, the other thing I might try, an SSD for Windows 7 OS and everything else on the WD 6tb but this lends to problems with certain emulators that only want C: drive root postioning.

I have mine on a 4TB WD Red (Drive H for Hyperspin). No issues with speed. However I keep my PC games on a 3TB WD Black (Drive D). The C drive is for the OS only. If I get a virus or need to re-format drive C for whatever reason  I don't want to loose my HS setup. 

I don't know what emulators require drive C root positioning or whatever you mean. I have close to 70 systems all all my emulators work perfectly fine from drive H. Never heard of that one before.

DO NOT install Hyperspin on the C Drive. That is just dumb!

Archived