Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin not recognising mame roms but can test launch from rocket launcher

Bruiserh89

Hi all

Yep, yet another newbie with dreams of putting together a mame cabinet. I've followed the simply Austin setup guides and the problem I have is that hyperspin cant see my roms. Clicking into mame on hyperspin just chucks me back out to the intro screen unless I uncheck the roms only filter in HQ. I've checked a few times to make sure I have the rom path correct and the other requirements. I know you guys need a log to get a better idea. Do I get that from rocketlauncher? Not even exactly sure how I do that? I've attached an Html of the log if that's usable? Sorry I'm not more helpful but help would be appreciated.

log.html

Think my Mame is mostly .zip so as Austin said add that extension and see if that works 

Thanks Carlo and Austin. That did the trick.....at least its's got me a step closer. Sorry Austin, your guides are great but unfortunately you can lead a horse to water, just sometimes they have trouble drinking!

The problem I have now is although my roms turn up on the wheel of hyperspin, if I try to access any game Hyperspin says: Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\RocketLauncher\RocketlauncherUI\Databases\Mame\Mame.xml  I don't know why its looking there. There isnt such a location. The databases area is just an empty folder in rocketlauncher. Hopefully an easy solve....

Thanks again lads.

• 1 year later...

dear all, i'm facing the same problem as Bruiserh89

when i start my roms in rocketlaauncher they are working without any problem, but if i start them in hyperspin i get the error: Cannot fin U:\Rocketlauncher\RocketlauncherUI\Databases\MAME\MAME.ini
i did the setup due to Austins video tutorial on youtube, i already checked the rom extension in HyperHQ which are currently:
zip,rar,7z,chd

Thanks a lot for your help.

errort.JPG

rocket.JPG

Default Front End settings maybe?

I would think if you are attempting from Hyperspin you would want Hyerspin to be your default.

That way its not going to try and use a database in Rocketlauncher but the one that should be in your Hyperspin/Databases folder.

Archived