Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

TGB Dual core RetroArch!!!

Sting

Has anyone got this core working through Hyperspin??? I'm using per core setting's and don't want the same settings for Gameboy and Gameboy color :/ If there's a way of using the same core for 2 systems with different setting's, please share :) I'm currently using (gambatte) for both :/

It's working fine for me.   These are my .ini settings:

rompath=Emulators/Nintendo Game Boy/roms/
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip,gb
parameters=cores/tgbdual_libretro_android.so

[filters]
parents_only=false
themes_only=false
wheels_only=false
roms_only=false

It's working fine for me.   These are my .ini settings:

rompath=Emulators/Nintendo Game Boy/roms/
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip,gb
parameters=cores/tgbdual_libretro_android.so

[filters]
parents_only=false
themes_only=false
wheels_only=false
roms_only=false

He meant different settings in Retroarch with one core. He probably wants to use two different border shaders, and doesn't want a Game Boy bezel for both systems. I had the same problem.

You can make system overrides. If you turn on overrides then put config files named after the system it will load them.

So one for Game Boy and Game Boy Color.

The other way is to make a copy of retroarch for each system (some people prefer this, but it's more work)

Leanback Launcher_20160129_090331_Manual.mp4 Still won't work :/ Are you using a nightly build???

He meant different settings in Retroarch with one core. He probably wants to use two different border shaders, and doesn't want a Game Boy bezel for both systems. I had the same problem.

You can make system overrides. If you turn on overrides then put config files named after the system it will load them.

So one for Game Boy and Game Boy Color.

The other way is to make a copy of retroarch for each system (some people prefer this, but it's more work)

Where do i get the config files from??? Here's where I'm at with it, I just need another core working for gameboy color or work this override config out :) definitely don't want the gameboy bezel and filter on the gameboy color :/

I'm not aware of a way to have different settings for the same core.

So using tgbdual core is probably the easiest way to go.  It works well for me.

Are you using a nightly Retroarch build mate???

Just got it working with 1/29, I think there may have a been a glitch in my system though. I deleted (zip) and just left (gbc) and it loaded, and then I added zip again and it still works :) So I thought maybe I had a space at the end of rom extensions in the setting's file, but I'd tried it with (GBC) and (GB) because I just needed it to work with either of them, because I was using gambatte for the other :)

This is how I do it...which is why I asked if you were using RocketLauncher.

1. Make a duplicate of the Gambettea core.

2. Name one core "gambetta_game_boy_libretro" and the other "gambetta_game_boy_color_libretro". (Pic 1)

3. Do the same with their 'config' files and 'info' files and edit these files as needed in an editor such as "Notepad" or "Notepad++".

4. Open RocketLauncher. Select Global tab on left and then the Modules tab on top.

5. Go down to and highlight 'RetroArch' and select 'edit in preferred editor'.

6. Change core names to exactly match your newly named cores. (Pic 2)

7. You can now edit your separate cores within RetroArch and have different shaders, overlays, settings for each Nintendo system.

Hope this helps!

post-36206-0-32632800-1454145116_thumb.png

post-36206-0-20344600-1454145125_thumb.png

Rocketlauncher isn't supported on the Android Hyperspin app.

But the basic idea is to copy the core you want and rename it.   I think this would work on Android as well, BUT you'd need to root your device.

Android security forces 'executable' cores/binaries to be in /data/data/com.retroarch folder.    You can only read/write this folder if you have root.

I was talking to the retroarch guys last night and they suggested the idea of adding a 'sideload' feature that would enable something like this.   Great minds....

Archived