Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Different key/macros for exiting; [[Emulator, exiting system game wheel]] & one to exit Hyperspin?

thomas3120

Hello,

Been looking around the forums trying to find a good way to be able to use one key/macro to exit:  emulator, system games menu, but another different key/macro to exit Hyperspin (to desktop....have a hidden button under the CP..)

Is this possible to do?

Thomas

Yeah, in hyperspin you can configure any key you like to exit hyperspin front end, and in RL, you can define key/macro to exit game in RL.

You can also disable the exit hyperspin key if you like or have it shutdown the computer instead of exiting to the desktop.

Start HyperHQ, from the main settings tab click on "Startup/Exit" and choose your options, then in the controls tab pick your exit hyperspin key.

In rocketlauncherui, click the "Settings" icon (2nd from the left at top) and you will see "exit emulator key"

Yeah, in hyperspin you can configure any key you like to exit hyperspin front end, and in RL, you can define key/macro to exit game in RL.

You can also disable the exit hyperspin key if you like or have it shutdown the computer instead of exiting to the desktop.

Start HyperHQ, from the main settings tab click on "Startup/Exit" and choose your options, then in the controls tab pick your exit hyperspin key.

In rocketlauncherui, click the "Settings" icon (2nd from the left at top) and you will see "exit emulator key"

Thanks very much :)  will give it a try

t

Set CNTRL+Q to exit Hyperspin to desktop.

Just tried it out.  I'm using 'ESC' to exit the emulator (to the system games menu/wheel).  Only problem is I can't use 'ESC' to go back to the main systems wheel... I have to use my hidden button (CNTRL+Q) for that.

Was hoping I could use 'ESC' more like a 'backing out of' key.  Back out of the emulator and then if I want to play another system 'ESC' to back out to the main HS wheel.  Then If I did need to go to the desktop, I could press my hidden button (CNTRL+Q) to exit completely to desktop.

thomas

Set CNTRL+Q to exit Hyperspin to desktop.

Just tried it out.  I'm using 'ESC' to exit the emulator (to the system games menu/wheel).  Only problem is I can't use 'ESC' to go back to the main systems wheel... I have to use my hidden button (CNTRL+Q) for that.

Was hoping I could use 'ESC' more like a 'backing out of' key.  Back out of the emulator and then if I want to play another system 'ESC' to back out to the main HS wheel.  Then If I did need to go to the desktop, I could press my hidden button (CNTRL+Q) to exit completely to desktop.

thomas

Sure you can, just put esc as the exit key in hyperspin for Player2, so player one would be cntrl-q, and p2 would be esc. Just a suggestion, you may want to do something similar to what I did to exit games out of the emulator, which is set a exit key in rocketlauncher with a hold time, eg, I use the 2 player button to exit emulator but of course that wouldnt work so good if someone wanted to join in and press player 2 so I have the rocketlauncher exit key set to this: H1500:2     So a person has to hold down the P2 button for 1.5 seconds (1500) to make the emulator exit. The only problem I see with you doing something like that is you cant have your emulators set with the same key as you configure in RL because then the emulator would take priority over RL and exit you out the second you hit the button. So if you use the esc key with a hold time in RL you need to set each emulator up with a different key to exit other than esc.

Make sense?

• 2 years later...

I apologize in advance if this topic has been answered already.  I also realize this is 2 years old now, but I'm attempting to do what Thomas3120 is describing.  I would like to retain the ability to exit to the Windows Desktop when needed, but want this mapped to a separate and hidden button so players can't access this. (I don't want players to muck with my Windows and only want them inside the Hyperspin front end).   I do not follow how to go back in the Hyperspin wheel to choose another emulator without hitting the same button again and exiting to Windows.  Is there a way to back out of one HyperSpin wheel to choose another emulator,  yet not exit to Windows if the same button were pushed again?  I realize you can disable the exit feature of HyperSpin, but this then means when I actually do need to exit to the Windows Desktop, I would need to perform a CTRL-ALT-DEL to pull up the task manager and kill the hyperspin process.  I'm sure this is a very simple concept that I'm just failing to grasp.

Archived