Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

CD Based Emulation

xR4ND0Mx

So I seem to be having an issue with cd based Emulation. Current systems I am trying to get working are sega CD and Turbografx 16 CD. When I load the TG roms it loads to a black screen. I downloaded the bios files and directed retroarch to them but didnt seem to help. Are they supposed to be named a certain way as far as the bios file names? Any help is appreciated.

Well I got the recommended bios file and still no good, just a black screen. Just to verify these are the settings I have on the TG 16 CD

[exe info]
path=\
rompath=Emulators/NEC TurboGrafx-CD/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.PceEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity|com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=iso,pce
parameters=|cores/mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_android.so
searchsubfolders=true

• 2 weeks later...

just create a bios folder and stick all of them in there. Then go in retroarch under directory then first one on top setup new path for bios and click use this directory.

Do I have to save the settings after I do this in Retroarch? Or do they automatically 'stick' after I set the bios directory? Works at first but then I have to re-set the directory after I shut down.

Do I have to save the settings after I do this in Retroarch? Or do they automatically 'stick' after I set the bios directory? Works at first but then I have to re-set the directory after I shut down.

make sure you back out and save by exiting thru retroarch also you should go in the core and set bios directory then back out to save

I can't get Sega CD to work inside Hyperspin for some reason. I can get them to play in Retroarch no problem though.

All my games are bin/cue's sitting inside my Sega CD/roms folder. Settings.ini extensions are bin,cue,iso so they *should* play. This is driving me crazy.

Do my bin/cue's need to be inside folders in order for Hyperspin to see them?? Tried that but games don't show up on the wheel when I do that. Even when I have searchsubfolders=true settings. 

Screen doesn't go black when I try to load them....just flashes quickly.

I can't get Sega CD to work inside Hyperspin for some reason. I can get them to play in Retroarch no problem though.

All my games are bin/cue's sitting inside my Sega CD/roms folder. Settings.ini extensions are bin,cue,iso so they *should* play. This is driving me crazy.

Do my bin/cue's need to be inside folders in order for Hyperspin to see them?? Tried that but games don't show up on the wheel when I do that. Even when I have searchsubfolders=true settings.

Screen doesn't go black when I try to load them....just flashes quickly.

android doesn't support subfolders. Go in Atari 2600 if you use that for retroarch and play a game then go into retroarch menu. Then goto settings then to directory and set your bios folder Then exit out of retroarch Then go into sega cd and try it. If doesn't work then you have an ini setting wrong.

android doesn't support subfolders. Go in Atari 2600 if you use that for retroarch and play a game then go into retroarch menu. Then goto settings then to directory and set your bios folder Then exit out of retroarch Then go into sega cd and try it. If doesn't work then you have an ini setting wrong.

Ok, this worked. Thank you!!! One question though. Since I changed the BIOS path while I was inside the Atari 2600 emulator, with this affect my ability to run 2600 games? Or does the 2600 core (Stela) not require a bios in Retroarch? EDIT: just tested it....guess not.  :thumbsup:

And what happens when I try to run other emus that require a bios (PS1 I assume needs one?) Do I have to set the bios path all over again? Or will the PS1 emu automatically find the bios file as long as its sitting inside my bios folder?

Ok, this worked. Thank you!!! One question though. Since I changed the BIOS path while I was inside the Atari 2600 emulator, with this affect my ability to run 2600 games? Or does the 2600 core (Stela) not require a bios in Retroarch? EDIT: just tested it....guess not. :thumbsup:

And what happens when I try to run other emus that require a bios (PS1 I assume needs one?) Do I have to set the bios path all over again? Or will the PS1 emu automatically find the bios file as long as its sitting inside my bios folder?

yes as long as all your bios files are in one folder

Been trying all night to get NEC TurboGrafx-CD running on my Shield TV but no luck. Just get stuck on a black screen whenever I try to load a game.

syscard3.pce is in my bios folder and Bios path is set. Have no problems loading loading games outside of Hyperspin with Retro Arch (load syscard3.pce first than launch game).

All my TGCD disc images are bin/cue and NOT sitting inside subfolders. I can't figure it out. Do my settings look correct?: 

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\Emulators\NEC TurboGrafx-CD\
rompath=Emulators/NEC TurboGrafx-CD/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.PceEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity|com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=pce,bin,cue,iso,ccd
parameters=|cores/mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_android.so

searchsubfolders=true

Archived