Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.2.0.0 in Windows 10?

circaplan

I got a HyperSpin 1.2.0.0 set going a couple years ago and got it setup and running great on Windows XP.  However I've needed to upgrade to Windows 10 and I have HyperSpin mostly working again (standard rom games), but CD based games don't run now. 

I tracked down the issue being the older version of daemon tools not having a compatible scsi driver in Windows 10.  So I downloaded a newer 64-bit Windows 10 version of the needed drivers (SPTD2inst-v208-x64.exe) along with a newer deamon tools and was able to get magic engine working with a CD on its own.  The real issue now is my version of HyperSpin doesn't seem to work with the newer deamon tools.  I tried installing the old daemon tools that came with my HD set using the newer drivers, but it doesn't recognize the newer driver and tries to install the old ones. :yucky:

Any help getting this going would be very much appreciated, Thanks !

Oops, I just noticed there's a support sub-section, sorry about posting this here...

Thanks a lot for your message. I just tried making scsi false, but it didn't make a difference. I am using hyperlaunch.

How tough is it to upgrade to a new version? Could I use the same configuration files? I'd hate to have to redo everything. Maybe I could just get a new copy of hyperlaunch?

Thanks again!

RocketLauncher is the new and improved HyperLaunch, HL is no longer being developed. There are update guides on the RL wiki for different versions of HL. However, if you want to use RL you would have to also update HyperSpin to 1.4. HS versions prior to 1.4 were designed to only work with HyperLaunch. The update from 1.3 to 1.4 is as simple as dropping an exe and a Scripts folder into your HS directory and editing 1 line in the Settings.ini file but not sure if it will be that simple going from 1.2 to 1.4 or not.

RL is the new and improved HLHQ. 

I think DT6 works, but the required scsi driver it tries to install does not. Then the newer working scsi driver won't work with the old DT6. I tried using the dt virtual drive for the iso instead of the scsi type, but magic drive at least wouldn't work with it. It's a shame DT6 doesn't just work with newer drivers.

Thanks guys.

So you are able to play turbo CD games on win 10 with dt6 pro?

Yeah, most games (normal roms) work great. It's just CD iso games that need the virtual drive. It would be easier if iso could just be loaded, but I guess it doesn't work that you way.

Thanks for the input.

Archived