Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Exiting PCSX2 in HyperSpin

liljohnnybravo

Now then guys and Dolls,

First forum post that I've had to make, after following a load of tuts and videos etc from here so first off HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEY'RE HELP

I have a full set up going very smoothly, HOWEVER, here it is I just recently added PCSX2 for PS2 playing, it's working perfect loads up, plays on 100% BUT for the life of me I cannot get it to exit out of HS, usually I have "Esc" as my exit key but it doesn't register or rather it does but it only closes the ACTIVE HS game window and leaves the Emu running in the foreground which I then have to exit manually and click back into HS.

Is there a work around for this, is there something I'm missing......... I have tried using my Google Fu to find a solution and so far I am drawing a blank, other a forum post about exiting some code but it's very poorly explained so is a much use as boobies on a fish!

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated

MUCH LOVE AND KEEP ON GAMING

JBVO

Launch PCSX2 with the -nogui parameter. If you're using the latest stable release of the emulator, it will exit fully when you press ESC.

Actually this works!!!

Just one question, have you or anybody found any trouble when you play a game after you activate the nogui parameter? because it says in the info that it is recommended to leave it as default. Well I tried a few games for a few minutes and they ran pretty well. 

So far for me it is working well.

Thanks for advise!!!

There used to be an issue in PCSX2 where it would stay running in your task manager after exiting when you used the -nogui parameter. That was fixed quite awhile ago in dev builds and that fix is now in 1.4.0. So you don't have to worry about it.

They should really update that module to use it by default now.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually this works!!!

Just one question, have you or anybody found any trouble when you play a game after you activate the nogui parameter? because it says in the info that it is recommended to leave it as default. Well I tried a few games for a few minutes and they ran pretty well. 

So far for me it is working well.

Thanks for advise!!!

I'm sorry for the noob question but i'm having the same problem. How do you exactly activate the nogui parameter?

Launch PCSX2 with the -nogui parameter. If you're using the latest stable release of the emulator, it will exit fully when you press ESC.

If you do this though, how do you change video/emulation settings when you boot up a game?

ie. Champions of Norrath needs to be in software mode to run properly, but WinBack needs to be in hardware mode.

the only way I've been able to address the necessary changes is after booting a game, alt+enter over to the GUI and change them manually, then alt+enter back to the game.

If you do this though, how do you change video/emulation settings when you boot up a game?

ie. Champions of Norrath needs to be in software mode to run properly, but WinBack needs to be in hardware mode.

the only way I've been able to address the necessary changes is after booting a game, alt+enter over to the GUI and change them manually, then alt+enter back to the game.

I haven't tried it in PCSX2, but you can load game specific settings with a command line parameter: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot-and-Pre-Configure-Games-Separately

You could have 2 emus, one set to hw the other to sw and set alternate emus in RLUI. Or you could do some custom scripting via the User Functions feature of RL to modify the necessary ini files when certain games are launched.

I haven't tried it in PCSX2, but you can load game specific settings with a command line parameter: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot-and-Pre-Configure-Games-Separately

....O.O *bookmark page*

I'm going to have to dive into this head first in a few months when I circle back to my PS2 wheel lol. That's amazing, thanks guys!

• 6 months later...

Been trying to get this to work most of the day. I have read through both new and old posts.

I am on Windows 10, and PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev (if all else fails maybe revert back to 1.4)

I played with and finally got the right version of Daemon tools working. I can load the first game and with nogui set to true it will exit without issue, but PCSX2 is remaining on in task manager. When I exit hyper spin even my mouse cursor is gone until I kill it. 

Can I add to the script kill the process after I exit it? 

Archived