Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

A Poll! Everyone please vote!

jhabers

Arcade Cab Info  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What OS are you running on your HyperSpin Setup?

2. 2. What resolution is your monitor set to on your HyperSpin Setup??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that I am not using HyperSpin in an arcade cabinet. I have a more console-like build that I'm doing (Strictly Console/PC games). However, I will be using a CRT when I eventually create an Cabinet that is focused 100% on arcade games. So I would go with a smaller resolution than the 1080p I have for my 50" TV. lol

You can check out what I'm working on in my signature if you are interested. Though it's outdated and I need to update the info this weekend.

I just want to say that I am not using HyperSpin in an arcade cabinet.

+1, still my main desktop. But if this is not intended to skew the results with any other setup than an arcade, pls make that clear so I can remove my vote

+1, still my main desktop. But if this is not intended to skew the results with any other setup than an arcade, pls make that clear so I can remove my vote

I will edit the wording on the poll when I get to a PC but everyone who uses HyperSpin whether it's a cabinet, PC or whatever is included in this. No discrimination here :)

I will edit the wording on the poll when I get to a PC but everyone who uses HyperSpin whether it's a cabinet, PC or whatever is included in this. No discrimination here :)

What if I use multiple HS instals?

I have a cab, HTPC, a media creation PC and a laptop.

Im surprised by how many people have switched to Windows 10. The last thing I want to deal with is finding things that don't work anymore / issues with my hardware on the new OS. For those that have made the switch, are there any benefits?

Im surprised by how many people have switched to Windows 10. The last thing I want to deal with is finding things that don't work anymore / issues with my hardware on the new OS. For those that have made the switch, are there any benefits?

Not really any I am aware of. I haven't had any issues either. Though some people reported some kind of minor bug with HyperHQ, but I never encountered it.

What resolution is your monitor set to on your HyperSpin Setup??

Why  all these resolutions, but stop at ol' ass 1080p if you're including non-cab setups as well?

What if I use multiple HS instals?

I have a cab, HTPC, a media creation PC and a laptop.

showoff

Really surprised to see the majority using Windows 10. Happy to see no votes for Vista[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Had some problems with a new Win7 install (vid drivers > black screen, guess I need to go older driver or unplug my 2nd gpu before installing?) so I got lazy and just plugged my old SSD back in.

But I'm going for a dual boot on my new 1TB SSD. Found a LSTB version of Win10, so no forced upgrades, no Cuntana, no Xbox crap, no Win store, probably still need to manually remove OneDrive and some other crap with PowerShell, but still :)

I put myself down for 10 even though I haven't upgraded yet since I'm going to have to if I want to play certain new releases in the near future. It's just the way things are going so I've stopped fighting it.

Well, I just kinda finished my dual boot (now installing programs > backup image > tweaking hoping not to brick win10 like I've done before xD) so I'm kinda in between win7 & win10 now

Anybody know how remove the splash screen (the one you can choose your own background for) on the lock screen? And change the background that's fixed in place, remove the clock and all other overlays & accessibility icons. And while we're at it, change to boot animation & shutdown screen. I know how to do this in win7 but last time I tried this in win10 I bricked it.

showoff

Not really, because only one of those would come close to running a modern game. :gamer:

I'm assuming that if this vote is on, HS development is active, am I right?

I think it's to gauge HBL users, but I could be wrong.

Where did you find that clean win10 version...I'm thinking it's about time for a clean install of windows.

I like win7 and I'm not sure if I really want win10, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is a lot of hardware that maybe won't work anymore :(

Where did you find that clean win10 version...I'm thinking it's about time for a clean install of windows.

I like win7 and I'm not sure if I really want win10, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is a lot of hardware that maybe won't work anymore :(

PM sent

I have a 1TB SSD, so split it up in 2.

1st installed Win7

Then installed Win10

Now I have a nice dual boot that show the following screen on startup and with no input it'll start Win10 after a few seconds

dual-crop-linux-win-10.jpg

If you wanted you could probably add another operation system on a different drive and put a straight to HS setup on there to test etc.

Archived