Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Grounds 4 Divorce, almost complete

connorsdad

Neither, I'll be sticking with my PC for a very long time. Just got a new MSI 770 Lighting gpu and the games are cheaper. I couldn't pay £60 for a game, when I've just bought Bioshock infinite for £6.

PS4 looks nice though, but with xbone controller.

I just got the gtx 660 in mine wow what a difference a year in pc hardware makes eh lol, anyway not to derail this thread its all about that fantastic cabinet build great job connorsdad:) I also played a bit of that game on my 360 its good violent but very good :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could you describe your button assignment on your control panel?

It is a fantastic project you have there!!!! Great job! I am trying to finish my control panel design and I love your design and I think would work best for me.

Could you describe your button assignment on your control panel?

It is a fantastic project you have there!!!! Great job! I am trying to finish my control panel design and I love your design and I think would work best for me.

Along the top:

P1 Start, spinner buttons 1 and 2, spinner, P2 Start.

7 Buttons per player, trackball button 1 and 2 either side of the trackball.

Front of control panel has coin buttons for both players on the right hand side.

Sides of control panel has;

Upper flipper

Lower flipper

Nudge

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would love to see some more pics / vids on the inside construction and mechs that makes this cab the kick... build it is how did you get the 2 monitors to work together ? is that a feature in Hyperspin / pinball ?

Auto hot key scripts and lots of questions to fellow forum members here and over at the BYOAC forums. I keep saying it and I will eventually get around to making a video demonstrating the auto rotate and the monitor switching when running gun games.

• 2 months later...
Good to see it in action at last, or were you just showing Raiden actually working :)

Do you remember the name of the female voice you used, she sounds very chilled out?

Ah but I didn't load it a 2nd time :) JK, it works fine. I'll check on the voice later and let you know.

Good to see it in action at last, or were you just showing Raiden actually working :)

Do you remember the name of the female voice you used, she sounds very chilled out?

It is "IVONA Amy - British English female voice [22kHz]"

This is stunning, I mean absolutely beautiful. Incredible work went into this. If I may, a couple of questions:

1. Is the rotation automatic based on the game you are playing? Scripted movement? Or do you have to manually flip a switch?

2. Do you have any kind of documentation on your build? Not gonna lie, that rotation is something I want to create to be able to use for pinball games.

1. I use different ways in which to tell the screen to rotate. MAME for example checks the selected game against an xml which contains the names of all vertical orientated roms, if the selected game is in that list, it rotates and then rotates back on exit. Next I have some games (eg. PC Games wheel) launching a script before they load (rotate clockwise), and then run a script when they close (rotate anticlockwise) using hyperlaunch3. Finally, for those systems which don't allow you to launch an exe before/after load, I have a script than runs in the background listening for the programs to start/end, eg if program1.exe exists, rotate, when it closes, rotate back, if program2.exe exists, rotate....... etc etc. I use the same idea for switching between monitors when loading gun games. You will need to have multiple instances of the same emulator for certain systems, if I remember correctly, I have 3 instances of Naomi installed, 1 for horizontal games, 1 for vertical and 1 for gun games.

2. When I have the time, hopefully soon, I will add a detailed description regarding the hardware used. At the moment my spare time is taken up with my vpin build.

• 1 month later...

Archived