Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Issues with Hyperspin booting into Retroarch instead of the game

herosdroid

This is a weird glitch I didn't have originally.. and now I do, so something tells me I may have changed a setting I shouldn't..

Issue

IF Retroarch app is loaded then going into Hyperspin, and try to run a game, all it does is load the Retroarch app.

IF Retroarch app isn't loaded then going in Hyperspin, it plays the game HOWEVER it didn't remember any of the saved settings I set (overlay off etc..)

You guys make any sense of this? It obviously isn't loading the settings file prior to the game. But it's real odd that if the app is running it won't even boot a game... 

Thanks

You shouldn't have the emulator open before running HyperSpin. I know if you're using RocketLauncher and have the emulator open the game won't launch or do anything. I don't use RA very much but I believe there's an option in RA to save the config on exit. In order to use system specific settings you have to rename the core config to the name of the system in order for RL to find it and load it.

Maybe some of the guys who use RA can provide further insight.

I can deal with Retro not being opened to launch a game. But when it's launching a game it's also launching the default settings instead of the ones I changed myself. If I open Retro though, the settings I saved show up. And obviously if I launch a game thru Retro it works fine... but that's not the point.

I can deal with Retro not being opened to launch a game. But when it's launching a game it's also launching the default settings instead of the ones I changed myself. If I open Retro though, the settings I saved show up. And obviously if I launch a game thru Retro it works fine... but that's not the point.

Retroarch has a double configuration, so adjustments you make when launching a game directly in Retroarch, will not be present when launching a game through Hyperspin.

Retroarch has a double configuration, so adjustments you make when launching a game directly in Retroarch, will not be present when launching a game through Hyperspin.

So does that mean I have to change the config on each individual system launching from HyperSpin, then quit RA so it saves? Seems redundant. 

So does that mean I have to change the config on each individual system launching from HyperSpin, then quit RA so it saves? Seems redundant.

Turn off per core settings in Retroarch after launching a game through Retroarch, if you want all the same settings for each system. Most of my system's have different settings for bezels, overlays, picture size etc so I personally have per core settings turned on :)

Turn off per core settings in Retroarch after launching a game through Retroarch, if you want all the same settings for each system. Most of my system's have different settings for bezels, overlays, picture size etc so I personally have per core settings turned on :)

So interestingly enough, per core setting was already off. However, it was functioning as on. So I couldn't boot any BIOS roms for obvious reasons because it kept defaulting to the old directory. I turned ON per core, then back off again, then saved it... and now everything F'N works... -_-

Maybe you know the answer to this but what Mame romset works with Retroarch's Mame (mame git)? 

Secondly... can I load cores that aren't present in the android version (mame 2010, 2014, reicast) etc..? 

Lastly, what kind of config file do you typically use for Genesis type controllers? Obviously it's not gonna work with the traditional Retropad.

Thanks

Retroarch (MAME) core is 0.170. If you still have these cores, or your device is rooted and have copies you can, Reicast hasn't been ported to Android yet. I use the pre configured settings for Genesis, it only had a Dpad, start, A,B and C so remap if you wish but I don't mind the pre configured settings.

Yeah Retroarch can randomly do stuff for no apparent reason.  I had such a hard time with it, I had to re-download the package and start from scratch many times to get the right configs saved.  Then on top of that, it all of the sudden stopped being able to recognize the key presses for save slots when used with Rocketlauncher's PAUSE menu.  I just let it be since everything else still worked, but it's just a bummer when a program has such a hard time keeping itself stable.  

For genesis I just remapped the buttons to my xbox controller.

• 2 months later...

You need to also put all your bios files in a particular folder, launch retroarch from hyperspin and set the configuration up again.

Retroarch has two separate configurations, one when you open it directly and one when you launch it from another application such as Hyperspin.

Once you set the System directory folder to where you have your bios files in both configs, it should all work.

You need to also put all your bios files in a particular folder, launch retroarch from hyperspin and set the configuration up again.

Retroarch has two separate configurations, one when you open it directly and one when you launch it from another application such as Hyperspin.

Once you set the System directory folder to where you have your bios files in both configs, it should all work.

Further to this, you need to launch a game through Hyperspin from a system that doesn't need a BIOS file. And then once launched through Hyperspin, go to the settings menu and point it to your BIOS folder :)

• 1 month later...

I have solved this issue by downloading a nightly version from the retroarch website. My problem now is that I can't set the bios directory once I load a game. I have no access to my SD card folders.

Archived