Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Adding PS4 and XBOX One Remote Play to Hyperspin

diskmach

Now that you can Remote Play PS4 to PC as well, I set out to add both PS4 and XBOX One

Remote Play to Hyperspin.

PS4 is straight-forward, added it as an exe in HyperHQ, just need a freaking long cable to connect

the PS4 controller to PC. Well, don´t ask, my setup is a bit weird, with long HDMI-cables going in every direction,

with the possibility to bring up Hyperspin, etc, on various screens in a few rooms.

But with XBOX One it seemed slightly more complicated, as the XBOX App is a Metro app.

I was able to make a shortcut to the app, with the help of this:

But it´s not like this gives me the path to the app to write down in HyperHQ.

I didn´t know that this was the case, but I could just add the "Xbox shortcut.lnk" as the executable

in HyperHQ.

My Hyperspin profile has mouse control, so that I can click around to get into the frontends.

And that´s pretty much it, done in 15 mins...

I can't believe no one has commented on this. I was thinking about doing this too, but I haven't downloaded the PS4 app yet.

How do you get around the problem of mouse support exactly? I usually map the mouse to the right stick for most PC games, but I picture doing it for the Xbox App and it conflicting whenever I use a right-stick in game.

Cn you remote play either one using just keyboard or do you have to have a controller hooked up?

EDIT: Looks like they require a controller. That puts it out for me since I won't use controllers with an arcade cabinet.

I'd keep an eye on them from time to time. Both systems have said Keyboard/Mouse support is something they'd like to do.

Wouldn't be surprised if this time next year it's possible.

Yeah, PS4 needs to have the PS4-controller connected with a cable to the PC at all times, and Xbox one uses its

own controller that is connected to the Xbox. A bit of a bummer, but I have these lying about anyway.

Sent from my 301F using Tapatalk

I can't check this now, as I'm travelling,

but I think that the Xbox 360 controller with the Hyperspin profile actually did something in the PS4 games. Although you still have to have the PS4 controller connected to the PC...

Yeah, PS4 needs to have the PS4-controller connected with a cable to the PC at all times, and Xbox one uses its

own controller that is connected to the Xbox. A bit of a bummer, but I have these lying about anyway.

I have played my Xbox one through my laptop with my X360 controller connected wirelessly to the laptop. You can also plug in the X1 controller to the laptop. I don't have a wireless X1 adapter for PC but i suspect that would work the same way.

I'm back...

So for Xbox One, I'm now using the XBOX 360 controller, as indicated by SkyHighGam3r. I have my "peculiar" setup with Padstarr, see http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/14216-setup-xbox-360-controller-with-padstarr-for-all-of-hyperspin/ ,

so I can switch at will with the guide button between the Hyperspin profile and an empty profile, the empty one then lets the XBOX app built-in profile function in the background. Mouse control is on the Hyperspin profile.

For some reason though, if the XBOX One is in sleep mode, I can't seem to be able to turn it on with the XBOX 360 controller. It says to use "Instant-on" mode and put it on the same network, but those things are already in place.

So I put it on "never shut down automatically", that should take care of that, hope it doesn't use a LOT of extra juice...With that caveat, remote play on XBOX One is fully usable for me with just the XBOX 360 controller, which is what I use normally

for all of Hyperspin.

As mentioned earlier, I can see that the PS4 is reacting to key-presses on the XBOX 360 controller, will try to figure out a setup for this.

As mentioned earlier, I can see that the PS4 is reacting to key-presses on the XBOX 360 controller, will try to figure out a setup for this.

Well, it seems that only arrows = direction, escape = circle and enter = cross (or vice versa, I have a japanese PS4) are implemented for the keyboard in PS4 Remote app. And not even that in some games. So back to the original setup...For now...

Archived