Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retroarch overlays

Henderson33

Hi, I downloaded some overlays for retroarch. I know you can choose save per core but I use the same core for game boy and game boy colour. Is there a way that u can save per system so I can have a different overlay for game boy then I do for game boy color? Thank you

No way round it, unless you want to recompile the core and change all the references to that core name to something else. I don't have a clue how that is done.

if you really don't want to use a different core you could look into hotkeys. I think some shaders have overlays(not sure about game boy) you can set a hotkey to next shader preset.

So you load the game then press a button and it could change to your next preset shader with a different border.

Not done it myself but something to look at

I went to directory and changed overlays dir to where my overlays are, I then went to input and hot keys and there is a option to set a key to change to next overlay. But it doesn't work :( has anyone set this up? Thanks

I done this also after reading your problem. couldnt get it to work

I have asked in the retroarch forum. no reply as yet

also check the retroarch overlays forum there may be something your looking for.

Reznate

Have benn meaning to ask if you know if hyperspin could use android intents to call a specific cfg file to get around this problem with system settings. Maybe within the parameters = one.

I'm guessing this is probably not a user adjustable feature?

Similar to the arc browser CONFIGFILE extras option just one step further.

Hi, I downloaded some overlays for retroarch. I know you can choose save per core but I use the same core for game boy and game boy colour. Is there a way that u can save per system so I can have a different overlay for game boy then I do for game boy color? Thank you

I had a play around with this today. Got the overlay next button to work!!!! :)

You have to create a cfg file to go with you overlay png files.

I done this for gameboy (gb.png) and gameboy color (gbc.png) and created the gb.cfg

pointed the overlay preset option to that gb.cfg

setup the overlay next hotkey

All works but you will have to set your screen size to fit in both overlays

Download is here (with overlays included)

cfg file

overlays = 2

overlay0_overlay = gb.png
overlay1_overlay = gbc.png
overlay1_name = "Gameboy_Color"

overlay0_full_screen = true
overlay1_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 1
overlay0_desc0 = "overlay_next,400,460,rect,40,20"
overlay0_desc0_next_target = "Gameboy_Color"

overlay1_descs = 0

Yeah I guess so,

Just edit that cfg file

Maybe sega will be the next on I come across just increase the number of overlays at the start and copy the lines to suit.

I just copied over some more sega system roms so will give it a go soon.

Thanks again, i swapped the png files for the overlays i was wantng to use and it worked great thanks. Made a little vid

https://youtu.be/JONmjC_pIp4

Cool just glad I helped :)

Just curious as don't use external storage.

Can you change your content directory (file browser directory) to your roms folder? it would save a few button presses.

As when you go to load content it will open straight to your roms folder.

Archived