Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Converted crt screen to lcd , and lcd screen is flickering

wardiz

I installed a cga to cga converter in an old cab today . I've replaced the screen with a 19inch lcd screen. It appears to work and I have street fighter running in it . The problem is that the screen flickers constantly and sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds then comes back on and keeps flickering. It doesn't affect the gameplay or sound , just the picture. Any help would be much appreciated , thanks .

• 2 weeks later...

Your vertical and horizontal sync are absolutely off. You can see when it flickers the screen is moving up and down / splitting 2 ways / 4 ways.  Think back to your CRT monitor.  I'm sure it had manual controls on it for for horizontal size, position, hold and so forth.  I believe those little converter boards do as well but they are buttons.  It should be those 4 black buttons in the upper right corner of your board.  There is no magic setting... you are going to have to play with them until you find the right setting for your monitor.

Archived