Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retroarch controls

mihaliousa

hello everyone, trying to set the keys per core, unfortunately everytime i set a system, the global settings are messed up! Also, how do you choose a button since touch is not available on shield tv - using a mouse or the controller does not have any effect once the select button is chamged! Is it necessary to connect a keyboard?

I find controls a right pain in retroarch.

Depends what buttons you are trying to change and how. I have never been able to swap A+B with binding properly!

Per core on in config when you load content and hit menu, you can change the inputs per core with the left and right d-pad. Just choose the button to change and scroll through. Then save remap.

Saves in to recaps folder in config folder as default.

Hot keys I think save with your global per core configs

I find controls a right pain in retroarch.

Depends what buttons you are trying to change and how. I have never been able to swap A+B with binding properly!

Per core on in config when you load content and hit menu, you can change the inputs per core with the left and right d-pad. Just choose the button to change and scroll through. Then save remap.

Saves in to recaps folder in config folder as default.

Hot keys I think save with your global per core configs

If you just want to swap A+B in the menu, you need to swap the values of menu_ok_btn and menu_cancel_btn in your retroarch.cfg.  On my Nvidia Shield TV this file is located in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files.  It works like a charm and doesn't affect any bindings in the games.

If you just want to swap A+B in the menu, you need to swap the values of menu_ok_btn and menu_cancel_btn in your retroarch.cfg.  On my Nvidia Shield TV this file is located in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files.  It works like a charm and doesn't affect any bindings in the games.

great info, i will change my setup

I have changed my autoconfig because im mainly a playstation guy, but this changes other system autoconfig assingment like snes

The next thing I'm going to work on are the universal controls for exiting each game so that it goes back to the Hyperspin menu consistently regardless of emulator used.  Does anyone have that mapped and what button did you configure for that?  I'm thinking the NVidia button?  Then I'd also like to map another button (maybe a key combo) to go back to the Retroarch menu (if a retroarch emu was used) in case I want to check something there.

I'm also wondering why they made the Retroarch configuration separate when using Hyperspin?  Ex: In Retroarch (without Hyperspin launched) I configured keys and updated all the cores, etc.  Then, when I use Retroarch through Hyperspin the configuration is completely reset!  Anyone know where the retroarch.cfg is located when you launch Hyperspin and if we can just replace it with the one for standalone Retroarch?

That is exactly what i am looking for as well. Even though outside hyperspin, i have my keys as well as other settings the way i configured them, when launching a game through the front end, all values are reset and if i try to change them so that they can match the ones i 've got outside hyperspin, everything becomes a mess! When running a game, say a sega cd game, i press the back button, i get the retroarch menu and if i try to change the button layout of the specific core, it affects other key functions as well. If anybody can find where this separate config file is saved, that would be great! 

That is exactly what i am looking for as well. Even though outside hyperspin, i have my keys as well as other settings the way i configured them, when launching a game through the front end, all values are reset and if i try to change them so that they can match the ones i 've got outside hyperspin, everything becomes a mess! When running a game, say a sega cd game, i press the back button, i get the retroarch menu and if i try to change the button layout of the specific core, it affects other key functions as well. If anybody can find where this separate config file is saved, that would be great!

The cfg file is in the data/data/com.retroarch directory but you need root access.

If you have pointed your hyperspin launched RA to your normal RA config folder you should only need to setup the base settings for the retroarch.cfg you can't access if you get want I mean (assuming you done this at first install/run)

I haven't checked but if the lines mentioned before (menu_ok_btn & menu_cancel_btn) are in the core config file (libretro_CORE_Android.so) you could copy them all to PC and open and edit them all with notepad++

I use keypad combo enable hotkey as R1 and then back to exit and Nvidia button as RA menu.

Have not figured this out in MAME core just the console ones. Also haven't found hotkeys or escape key for reicast or dolphin.

The cfg file is in the data/data/com.retroarch directory but you need root access.

If you have pointed your hyperspin launched RA to your normal RA config folder you should only need to setup the base settings for the retroarch.cfg you can't access if you get want I mean (assuming you done this at first install/run)

I haven't checked but if the lines mentioned before (menu_ok_btn & menu_cancel_btn) are in the core config file (libretro_CORE_Android.so) you could copy them all to PC and open and edit them all with notepad++

I use keypad combo enable hotkey as R1 and then back to exit and Nvidia button as RA menu.

Have not figured this out in MAME core just the console ones. Also haven't found hotkeys or escape key for reicast or dolphin.

So, the "solution" is to launch RA through Hyperspin and then point it to the hyperspin.cfg that we can access (/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files OR /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files , these paths are the same).  I'll give that a try.

menu_ok_btn & menu_cancel_btn are in the hyperspin.cfg in the path I listed above (/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files OR /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files).  Everyone has access to that so they can be edited by anyone with a text editor on a computer or even inside an editor on the Shield.  You just reverse the number values for each and then save.

Not sure what this means.  What is "keypad combo enable hotkey"?  What button is considered "back" on the Shield controller?

So, the "solution" is to launch RA through Hyperspin and then point it to the hyperspin.cfg that we can access (/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files OR /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files , these paths are the same).  I'll give that a try.

menu_ok_btn & menu_cancel_btn are in the hyperspin.cfg in the path I listed above (/sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files OR /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files).  Everyone has access to that so they can be edited by anyone with a text editor on a computer or even inside an editor on the Shield.  You just reverse the number values for each and then save.

Not sure what this means.  What is "keypad combo enable hotkey"?  What button is considered "back" on the Shield controller?

you have the idea

just checking you are aware but there is no hyperspin.cfg file. There are 2 retroarch.cfg files.

One you can access created when you launch retroarch from you shield home screen

the other created when you launch from within Hyperspin. You cant access without rootting.

I just published an unfinished guide I my site if you want to explore that may make things clearer. (now finished that guide 2 weeks of getting sidetracked!! its not proof read but i would be grateful to know if it helps.)

Link in my signature (when I have sorted retroarch I will move on the HS and hope to port the guides into the Tutorials section of this site. Everything takes ages though

back button is left of nvidia button

Hotkeys are a menu option in settings/input

the enable hotkey means you press that button before anyother hotkey will work. Thus making a button combo.

Eg.

enable hotkey = L1

fast forward hotkey = R1

fast forward only works if you press L1 then R1

you have the idea

just checking you are aware but there is no hyperspin.cfg file. There are 2 retroarch.cfg files.

One you can access created when you launch retroarch from you shield home screen

the other created when you launch from within Hyperspin. You cant access without rootting.

I just published an unfinished guide I my site if you want to explore that may make things clearer. (now finished that guide 2 weeks of getting sidetracked!! its not proof read but i would be grateful to know if it helps.)

Link in my signature (when I have sorted retroarch I will move on the HS and hope to port the guides into the Tutorials section of this site. Everything takes ages though

back button is left of nvidia button

Hotkeys are a menu option in settings/input

the enable hotkey means you press that button before anyother hotkey will work. Thus making a button combo.

Eg.

enable hotkey = L1

fast forward hotkey = R1

fast forward only works if you press L1 then R1

That's awesome information , thanks!  I'll definitely check out your site and let you know because it sounds like we're trying to do the same things :)

Archived