Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync keeps downloading the same files

maabus

When i run hypersync it always downloads the same files every time. All the other systems sync correctly except for the following.

[05/17/2016 11:46:48] [DOWNLOADED] - Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Game Videos, Australian Rules Football - The Outback Amateur League (Europe).mp4
[05/17/2016 11:46:49] [DOWNLOADED] - Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Game Videos, Australian Rules Football - The Victorian Football League (Europe).mp4
[05/17/2016 11:51:04] [DOWNLOADED] - AAE, System Intro, AAE.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:52:15] [DOWNLOADED] - Acorn Electron, System Intro, Acorn Electron.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:57:32] [DOWNLOADED] - Atari Classics, System Intro, Atari Classics.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:02] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, crimepatrol.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:05] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, drugwars.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:07] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, johnnyrock.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:10] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, lbh.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:14] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, maddog.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:17] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, maddog2.mp4
[05/17/2016 11:59:20] [DOWNLOADED] - American Laser Games, Game Videos, spacepirates.mp4

I've tried deleting the files, and then let them resync, but a follow up sync will download them again. What could be causing this?

Not sure, but this is pretty common it seams. I quit using Hypersync because it just keeps overwriting stuff.

It's great to use the very first time you're grabbing media, but if you pick and choose or customize and use it again it will overwrite your newer stuff with the old again.

• 2 months later...

did anyone find a solution to this ? I ran Hypersync a week or so ago, went over all my systems, and now I'm doing it again is has already downloaded 20+GB of media (for about 35 systems including MAME). a quick look shows that almost all of it is already present on my setup. I'm open to publish logs, but I'm guessing others are still encountering this issue.

did anyone find a solution to this ? I ran Hypersync a week or so ago, went over all my systems, and now I'm doing it again is has already downloaded 20+GB of media (for about 35 systems including MAME). a quick look shows that almost all of it is already present on my setup. I'm open to publish logs, but I'm guessing others are still encountering this issue.

I've never had it not re-download everything. That's just always been the way it seems to work for me, it just starts overwriting it all.

Why are you doing it again if you did it a week ago? HyperSync seems best used to run just the once during your initial setup. After that I'd say manually add any other changes.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping that, once stable, it would pick up media additions without me having to figure out which systems are updated. As of today, with about 215 systems configured on HS, Hypersync has stabilized:  every time I run it, it flies over all the systems except fro Nintendo GameCube, for which it downloads every single video over and over again.

Archived