Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Real3DOPlayer

pierrot33

Hello , following the update Android Real3DOPlayer I  unable to launch direct roms 3do from Hyperspin..

Can you give me the command line in the setting file

exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.MainActivity    --> list of the games

romextension=iso,cue

parameters=

I ve also tested

exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.EmulatorActivity    --> doesnt work

exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.ExFilePickerActivity     --> doesnt work

It doesn t work !!!!

Please Help !!! ;-)

Otherwise, the emulator and the games are playable with shield controller on my shield tablet

The emulation and speed of this new phoenix/real3doplayer emulator is superior.

Were you able to launch games from it previously (did the emulator include a launcher intent?)

If it's been broken with the recent update, contact the developer and he may help and describe his change.

I agree with you  reznate

The emulation and speed of the emulator Real3DoPlayer is superior than RetroArch !!!

But I can t lauch direct a game on Hyperspin --> list of game

I just need the exe line OK 

Sorry for my poor english  ... lol

Hello 

thanks a lot for your message Sting but it not runs !!

Can you help me --> there is probably a problem in my 3do setting android.

[exe info]

path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Panasonic 3DO\

rompath=Emulators/Panasonic 3DO/roms

userompath=true

exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.EmuActivity

romextension=iso,cue

parameters=

searchsubfolders=true

pcgame=false

Thanks !!!!

Hello 

thanks a lot for your message Sting but it not runs !!

Can you help me --> there is probably a problem in my 3do setting android.

[exe info]

rompath=Emulators/Panasonic 3DO/roms

userompath=true

exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.EmuActivity

romextension=iso,cue

parameters=

searchsubfolders=true

pcgame=false

Thanks !!!!

Leave it with me, I'll have a look this weekend :)

Thanks a lot Sting.... I need your help..

What do you need ?

All my setting or just that i have posted ?

I've just had a quick go, and all I'm getting is a black screen :/ Gonna have another go later, but I've also just emailed the developer :)

Don't think the developer is going to help :/ "Sorry, but this is very problematic. In current state of project (license check & load process) I can't to do this easy. And I have more priority things for develop at this time"

Was it an android update that broke it or emulator update?

I was thinking of setting this one up if anyone has a working version please share...

It's an emulator update that's broke it :/

• 3 years later...

I realize this is an old topic - but did this ever get solved? I have my .ini as and nothing loads:

rompath=Roms/Panasonic 3DO/roms/
userompath=true
exe=ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.MainActivity
romextension=iso,cue,zip
parameters=cd
searchsubfolders=false
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 3:45 AM, QuinnHQ said:

Anyone want to dive into this?

I had a dive in, tried a few versions and it looks to not be working in the app.

The cd parameter just hits "unknown"error screen and anything else brings you to the app games list.

I emailed the dev email but I am not hopeful, the app seems to have stopped updating and is not on the play store.

I thought RetroArch and 4do core is ok for 3do emulation? Any reason to use 3doplayer over RetroArch?

EDIT:

Found a reddit thread with the statement of the developer releasing the Phoenix set of Emulators out for use and stopping development mainly due to the constant need for updating because of OS changes.

As everything was in Russian it was a little tricky to follow. Hopefully the code is availiable to new devs now and it gets repackaged into wild. Seems compatibility is better.

Thank you for taking a look. Really appreciate it. I hope it gets picked up - but doesn't look like they released the code. From my limited testing, it works much better than the retroarch cores right now. I am also a rare fan of the 3DO so pretty excited to have this emulator on the shield - just would love to have it work in the Hyperspin FE!

• 1 month later...

Yeah the Real3doPlayer android emulator worked far better for me. I only tried Wolfenstein 3D and it was unplayable with the RetroArch core. Perfect with Real3doPlayer. I'm trying on a Shield Portable with Android 4.4.2 and Real3doPlayer 1.0.32 (I actually did buy the app a year or two back, forgot about it and when I went to use it it was gone from the store!).

The "cd" parameter is working for me in so far as it cuts to a black screen (if there's a previous save state the menu to select it even appears) but nothing after that. Since I'm new to HyperSpin I'm kind of relieved it's not just me that can't get it working.

May I ask where I can get wheel art for the 3do? There's none in the download section (noob question)

Archived