Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Rom/Movie/XML Rename

kiddanplay

Whats up spinners! 

Question. I just finished my full install of hyperspin and have everything up and running *PHEW* but now i am onto making it look pretty. Bezels, artwork, naming structer...etc. 

The question i have is. I am going through each system now and i know how to remove roms from the wheel so every rom with no video i am removing and putting in a different folder till i find the associated videos but, what i am also doing is going through and i would like to remove the excess information for each rom. For example. 

For NES (Since im starting with this) 

10 Yard fight (USA, Europe) is the rom name

10 Yard fight (USA, Europe) is the video name

10 Yard fight (USA, Europe) is in the XML data

Obviously i can go into the XML and delete the (USA, Europe) then do the same for the zip file with the rom and the video as well but is there a quicker more efficient way to rename all 3 of those items so i dont have to see the country of origin for each rom on my wheel? For my specific liking im only keeping the USA games as that is all my childhood was based on playing...i know, not a purist thing to do BUT, its what reminds me of MY childhood :-) 

Any help would be awesome and thanks in advance

As an update all the ones that i was not seeing videos for there are infact videos in the media folder but they dont match the names of the roms hence not being able to see the videos. SO, overall i need an efficient way to rename the ROMS/VIDEOS/XML/Artwork to all match and remove the country/revision names.

If you want to hide it so that the description doesn't show the region tags in HyperSpin you can do so with an option in HyperHQ. Open HyperHQ and select your NES wheel on the Wheel Settings tab, select the Navigation/Themes tab, and check the "Remove Textfield Info" checkbox. The only downside to this method is that it will hide any information in parenthesis, not just the region tag.

You can also just modify the <description> tag in the xml to hide the region tag. That way it will display only what you want in HyperSpin and you wouldn't have to rename any of the roms or media because they're based on the name, not the description.

Ok so i just checked this out. I'm still getting the following 10-Yard Fight (USA, Europe) showing up on my wheel. For some reason it is not removing the region names. I did try 10-yard fight the manual way of deleting the info from the rom/movie/xml/artwork and obviously that works but that will take FOREVER to do with every system....Dont know why that option didnt work. 

Any other ideas?

It depends on whether you're talking about the description in HS (the text in the bottom left of the screen) or the wheel text (the name that shows on the wheel when you don't have a wheel image). If you're talking about the wheel text you should check the "Remove Wheel Info" checkbox in HyperHQ.

THAT WAS IT! That was EXACTLY what i was looking to do "Remove Wheel Info" solved the problem!

As for the videos that were missing it was more just a naming issue so i will solve those ones specifically as it was only about 50. 

Thanks alot for that!

Archived