Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin audit vs Mame Udit

robb7979

Please welcome me to the forum!  I have searched and used my pal Google, but cannot find the answer to my problem.  Please go easy on me, I am new.

When doing an audit on HS, it will just match file names.  The problem is, some of the files will not run through RL because my roms are a different version than my MAME, and RL indicates there are some files missing.  MAME will identify these through its own audit.  I just want to remove these games, as there are already multiple copies.  How can I use the more robust audit on MAME to edit the games seen by RL/HS?  If this question has already been answered, I apologize ahead.  I don't want to upgrade my MAME or my roms.  Enough is working properly, I don't care about the 50 or so games that are missing files, I just want to pare off the games that aren't working from my wheel/RL.

Using HS 1.4, RL 1.0.1.4

First off I welcome you to the forum, secondly no one here should give you a hard time for asking a question, if they do they will be in BIG trouble, lol.

I have a feeling you have trouble with a few ROMs and it's possibly the CHD's if you have a full set and the set matches the Mame database.

Your right this has been discussed in the past and I have always had the same issue as you, always having a few missing Roms even after running the ROMs though CLRMamepro. I basically gave up on it and just live with it and with the cut down DB I'm using I have 3007 of 3015 according to RLUI.

If I export the missing list I get.

Missing List:
-----------------------------
breakout
carnking
cr589fw
cr589fwa
gtfore04
gtfore05
gtfore06
shangtou

Now I have tried renaming stuff but even that doesn't help. I have heard that the chd's also have a small Rom file which needs to be correct, maybe someone can clarify the issue.

Might be a good idea to export your missing list.

The problem is RLUI shows the games green, they just don't launch.  I can audit the roms in MAME and export the list, I just do not know how to exclude them in my database/wheel.  I can't seem to edit the skip checks field.  It is greyed out in RLUI

That might be the way to go. I think I can export a good list from mame.  It is a lot of manual work.  I don't have the filter HyperList tool. Just list generator,merger, and splitter.  The Rom Renamer crashes every time I try to use it.

I read an old post here about uploading a romlist.txt and Hyperspin converting it to an .xml.  I can't seem to find that tool on the hyperlist section.  I log in, but it doesn't seem to actually log me in.  Is that tool no longer available here?  Do I need to be a supporting member?

Archived