Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Daphne Problem starting.......

ro1and

Hello, I am having problem launching Daphne. I know its some settings I'm getting wrong. I try following the steps on this site but I am missing something? Please help me or point me to the right direction. Thanks.

Here is the Daphne_log:

--DAPHNE version 1.0.12
--Command line is: daphne.exe lair_a vldp -framefile E:\hyperspin\Emulators\Daphne\framefile\lair.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir E:\hyperspin\Emulators\Daphne -bank 0 11111011 -bank 1 01100111 -nocrc -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480 
--CPU : GenuineIntel 3100 MHz || Mem : 3968 megs
--OpenGL: Compiled In
--RGB2YUV Function: MMX
--Line Blending Function: MMX
--Audio Mixing Function: MMX
Setting alternate home dir:
E:\hyperspin\Emulators\Daphne
Disabling ROM CRC check...
Setting sound buffer size to 2048
Setting screen width to 640
Setting screen height to 480
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 0
Initializing sound system ... 
GI Sound chip initialized at 2000000 Hz
No joysticks detected
Remapping input ...
Loading compressed ROM image dl_a_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_a_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_a_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_a_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_a_u5.bin...8192 bytes read.
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: E:/hyperspin/Emulators/Daphne/vldp_dl/lair/
Could not open file : E:/hyperspin/Emulators/Daphne/vldp_dl/lair/lair.m2v
Could not initialize laserdisc player!
Shutting down sound system...
Shutting down video display...

post-112957-0-39901200-1466830317_thumb.jpg

can you make a screen cap of 

the contents of your folder

E:/hyperspin/Emulators/Daphne/vldp_dl/lair/

and a screen cap of your Daphne loader Laser disc config 

like mine

post-2831-0-00800800-1466835671_thumb.png

you are using the contents of vldp_dl,  witch are the encrypted files you automatically download, 

if you are using this files,  means you used the DVD to de-crypt the files  -->  witch means Daphne loader does not need a frame file to load.

Hyperspin still needs the frame file,  but that's another story.  You need to be able to load the game with the Daphen loader before you continue.

I attached a pic above my first post. Shows the address where the file exist. Thanks. 

That pic shows the address path where the framefile says it should exist, but we already knew that from your log. Agent was asking if you have checked and double checked that the file actually exists and that is the correct address.

Did you also already follow the Tutorial here for setting Daphne up?

you are using the contents of vldp_dl,  witch are the encrypted files you automatically download, 

if you are using this files,  means you used the DVD to de-crypt the files  -->  witch means Daphne loader does not need a frame file to load.

Interesting. I wondered what the difference was between the vldp & vldp_dl folders.

The only game I've decrypted by disc was Thayers Quest which is in the vldp_dl folder, but there are others in there that I didn't use a disc for too. Maybe I just stuck them in there myself?

Thanks guys and thanks for being patiences with me. Here is the pic (32assassin) of my folder with the following contents. Hope this helps. I also have been following the guide and watching the videos. I'm also wondering if I mounted the disk right as well? 

post-112957-0-08061800-1466905495_thumb.jpg

windows 7 and up have a built in screen capture tool to capture sections of your screen (or full screen captures)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

you can even install this in a XP machine,

and I need to see the contents of

E:/hyperspin/Emulators/Daphne/vldp_dl/lair/

but from the low quality image you provided,  I can tell you that you are managing your own media files (using older mpegs not he decrypted files)

witch means you should not be using files in the vldp_dl folder.

you should have your older Dragons Lair Megs in

E:/hyperspin/Emulators/Daphne/vld/lair/

or any other folder.  mine are in

my Daphne emulator --> C:/Emulators/Dahpne/Daphne.exe

my older mpegs -->  J:/roms/Daphne/Mpegs/

I only have the games I decrypted with the DVD in the  vldp_dl folder.

I do  not have the DVD for Space Ace.  I use the older Mpegs so my Space Ace settings are

--> manage game manually

Mpeg location  --> J:/roms/Daphne/Mpegs/SA

if I had the DVD I would be using the files in

-->automaticaly manage game

mpegs used -->  C:/Emulators/Dahpne/vldp_dl/SA

Archived