Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My First Arcade Cabinet Build

dthomas

I thought I'd post my first arcade cabinet build. It has taken more time to build and setup than I'd like to admit.

This was my own cabinet design, modeled in Autodesk Inventor.

Now that its done I would have tweaked a few things but overall I'm happy.

Currently I have MAME, PC Games, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 setup.

I still have to update a few things, I had a few button LEDs burn out so I have random colors on the top row. Create a "built by" logo between speakers,add more games.... (I think cabinets are always a work in progress)

It is also setup with 2 aimtrak guns. These work great an I would recommend them for anyone who loves light gun arcades.

I have spent countless hours setting this up and I have learned a lot, mostly from mistakes.

So if anyone has questions I am more than happy to help.

Also I can help anyone who has questions about modeling in Inventor, other than tinkering with arcades, electronics and machines I have a job as a Mech. Engr.

Let me know what you guys think or have any suggestions.

I also wanted to thank everyone for their support of the hyperspin community and making this possible.

post-113644-0-38729100-1466920876_thumb.jpg           post-113644-0-46297500-1466921109_thumb.jpg           post-113644-0-19103600-1466921318_thumb.jpg

Full Size Photos (Sorry they came out a little dark)

B0Xiakp.jpg

LKhp7vO.jpg

eDYjALz.jpg

rDUqsm4.jpg

List of Working PC Games.

UZRpQjF.jpg

Notes: The golf club has bugs and the menus scroll through automatically. (currently trying to fix this)

Nice. I like the pdeudo-viewlix look to it. Now all it needs is some custome sideart!

What are those black things sitting on top of it?

Again sorry for the dark pics, I'll try to get some brighter ones. Those are my Aimtrak guns sitting up top.

I was going to mount them on the side but little kids find it hard to keep their hands off.

I have been wanting sideart but haven't had time to create it in photoshop or $$$.

Nice looks Amazing! Quick question what emulator are you running the pc games on? Nice work

Thanks!

There is no emulator required. You just use pclauncher to launch the games and create a new wheel in HyperHQ to add them to hyperspin.

One note for controls, I have to use xpadder and/or x360ce to get the controls working on these games.

Nice looks Amazing! Quick question what emulator are you running the pc games on? Nice work

??

PC games don't need an emulator. They're already running on a PC.

You set them up using the PCLauncher module in RocketLauncher.

Sent from my SM-G935V

??

PC games don't need an emulator. They're already running on a PC.

You set them up using the PCLauncher module in RocketLauncher.

Sent from my SM-G935V

I would like to add to this comment. search youtube for "giga guides how to setup pc games hyperspin" This is assuming you have hyperspin and rocketlauncher setup.

if you don't have those setup check out their other tutorials.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived