Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hi am thinking of Installing Windows10 x64. Should i stick to Windows 7 or is it ok to upgrade OS. For some reason it feels like some emulators run better on win 10 but there might be problems i am not aware of. Please leave your suggestions and Answers below. :thanks:  :thumbsup:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far I am concerned, HyperSpinHQ is crashing, even under compatibility mode. But I have'nt encountered any problems with HS itself.

agreed, it crashes as well when you browse explorer however the workaround is to manually edit the .ini files with path to overcome this issue. Other than that and Windows defender blacklisting HS and HSHQ exe working fine.

I just upgraded my home PC( been working on the hyperspin setup on that one) everything still works great. I had a couple issues with programs( mostly dll files, running a k version no media player installed).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just did the normal free upgrade on my cab and computer and both went flawlessly. The only program/file I had to read install was devcon which is something no one else probably even uses.

You will need to re-exempt all your HS & RL files/folders in Windows Defender though.

Sent from my SM-G935V

You will need to re-exempt all your HS & RL files/folders in Windows Defender though.

Yep, I had to do this too. You will also need exemptions for Arcade PC games and I also have it set for my 'ROM Tools' directory. Defender is pretty picky about many programs.

Ok thanks everyone

Do You Think Developers at HyperSpin are going to fix the crashing of HyperHQ? Anyway thanks for the Answers, i am going to get windows 10 now. Thanks :thanks:  :teehee:

No idea.

It only crashes if you try to change a path. Everything else works fine, so just change path's manually and it's fine.

cut an image of your current hard drive before the upgrade just in case, it its flaky for you after the upgrade you can always restore back using image made. I use acronis with a bootable usb or cd and always have 2 full hdd backups for both of my HS builds. the free upgrade path from win 7 to 10 is valid until July 29, 2016.

cut an image of your current hard drive before the upgrade just in case, it its flaky for you after the upgrade you can always restore back using image made. I use acronis with a bootable usb or cd and always have 2 full hdd backups for both of my HS builds. the free upgrade path from win 7 to 10 is valid until July 29, 2016.

I Am Gonna do a Fresh Install of HyperSpin, Dont worry :turned:

I really need to get on with rebuilding my gaming PC and upgrading to W10 while it's still free. It's been out of action for a while as I haven't had time to find out why it keeps bluescreening. Then I moved the graphics card into my main PC so I could get my new 2560x1440 monitor to work. Oh to have a bit more time and money!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Are there any compatibility issues in general from Windows 7 to win 10? I have a amd card, graphics card is maybe 4 years old. Nothing special in general. Like it has a hard time playing dead rising for pc sort of thing. If my pc can't handle that game, do you think it will handle win 10? Activex12 does so much for gaming though

Free offer expires at end of July

Archived