Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Cinematic Themes

thatman84

Anyone using JJB's Cinematic themes on Android.

I have only just figured out how to make them work!!
(I take no credit as JackJamesBaker told me how to do it. THANK YOU JJB)

Here is an example I have added some artwork to prevent the video being copied from YouTube. (bit over the top but just incase, because his stuff is being watermarked and made availiable to Premium users only)

SEE POST #3 for How to

Change the name of this .zip to match the JJB video you are setting up.

CINEMATIC UNIVERSAL THEME.zip

So you will have to wait for his stuff to come to the Premium Downloads section but if you already have the mp4 videos you can do it.

Apparently this way is not as good quality as the swf background Theme BUT to my untrained eye it looks perfect still

Simple answer

Use the theme.xml i have now attached to the 1st post. (should be universal just change the name to suit whichever system required)

Place the mp4 Video in you main menu or system video folder (Media/Main Menu/Videos or Media/SYSTEMNAME/Videos) named as normal the same as the system/game

And that is it

Long Answer

1. Change the mp4 extention to flv
  2. Open hypertheme and start new theme
  3. add a background (any background its only required for saving in hypertheme)
  4. add the cinematic video to the theme
  5. set Force Aspect to "Both"
  6. set width to 1024
  7. set Height to 768
  8. SAVE the theme
  9. Find the Theme and extract it
  10. delete the background.png
  11. zip it back up and place it in the correct folder
  12. change the video extention back to mp4 and place that in the correct folder

post-93349-0-12472800-1467414193_thumb.png

done (im tired so hope i did not miss a step :))

What happens if you don't make these changes? Are all of the changes required?

I didn't try many changes. Those changes make the video full screen, which is how they where intended to be viewed.

When I was playing around it looked like you could use it like any video and incorporate it it to any theme

Hyper theme will only see .flv videos when browsing to add them to a theme. So extension change was needed ONLY for hypertheme

Hyper them will not save unless you add the background image (did not try with other artwork levels) but it's not actually needed so can be deleted after. Didn't try leaving it in but guessing it will just load and not be seen because of the video being full screen

Force aspect, width and height settings get it to full screen

Does modified theme on Android match unmodified theme on PC?

If you get a chance, would love to see unmodified theme on Android and then modified theme on Android if you have a chance to capture quick video.

I'm doing other stuff tonight but may get a chance. I can only capture my Shield.

So you just want a screen capture of the theme running on Shield?

The only thing is he is watermarking all his YouTube stuff and it's being put in the Premium downloads so I will think of a way to post the vid without putting it fully on YouTube. Maybe some random artwork added over the top or something. Any other ideas?

Added a video to 1st post for ya Rez, i put some crappy art on it as he is watermarking his YouTube vids.

Unmodified just gives a black screen so didnt bother with a vid

Should be good enough to see the quality isnt really affected.

Also I dont think YouTube shows it as well as I see it on the my 37" TV

Archived