Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Newbie attempting to setup HyperSpin and Retroarc on Shield TV - "missing roms"

ryanjg11

First post! I purchased a Shield TV a couple of weeks ago and have successfully loaded Retroarc (nightly build, not off the Play Store) and have it running ROMs off a microSD card. I'm just learning Retroarc, but have read quite a few tutorials and have already figured out how to switch the A and B buttons (a necessity for me). Just starting to toy around with shaders and am just blown away with how well Zelda can look on a 55" LCD screen with the right scalers. 

Just a few issues I haven't been able to solve:

* I've installed Hyperspin fom the Play Store, as well as copying over Hyperspin from my PC to the root of my microSD card. In doing so, I've also updated my rompath= values in the system INI files per this tutorial. When I open HyperSpin on the Shield TV, the main menus open, and I can select a system and get a full games list, however all of my games are "not found." Note that I haven't audited or renamed any of the ROMs via the PC yet (I'm just starting to do that now), so could that be why all of the listed games are appearing as "not found?" I'm using uncompressed ROMs and have also updated the executable tag in the INIs to be accurate. 

* In Retroarc, I'm having good luck with NES, SNES and SGEN emulation, however all N64 games instantly crash. I read this is due to a setting that needs to be changed in HyperSpin ("switching GUI driver to RGUI"), but I couldn't find this setting in the Retroarc Android GUI. Does it exist somewhere in Retroarc, or do I need to get HyperSpin working first? 

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!

Rom name is critical for Hyperspin need to match the database. Maybe do 1 or 2 to confirm its that not rompath causing that.

Rgui option is under menu driver. Set xmb as default.(didn't here about that helping n64, try the new vulkan video driver and paraLLEI core also)

Beaware that Hyperspin launches a different retroarch.cfg file so settings done in the RA app don't automatically work when using Hyperspin, it's fixable

Retroarch nightlies are having issues with N64 again.   They are aware and working to fix.

Regarding the rompath, extension, etc....focus on getting the names correct for one rom working, then the rest should fall into place.

Rom name is critical for Hyperspin need to match the database. Maybe do 1 or 2 to confirm its that not rompath causing that.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the nice tutorials.

In a parallel effort, I followed the official HyperSpin tutorial videos and have HyperSpin and RocketLauncher installed on the PC, along with Don's HyperSpin Tools. Going through those tutorials, I used Don's ROM Renamer to rename all of my NES ROMs, and was saddened to see that only about half of my games were CRC matched... 

Once I've renamed those ROMs and added them back into RocketLauncher, how do I tell HyperSpin to only display those games (that I actually have) versus the entire console game listing? Or does that just happen automagically? 

Also, for the Android app, I added the subfolder "Settings_Android" as I understand that will allow me to set rompaths specific to the Android app, separate from the PC setup. I just wanted to confirm this is still accurate and good (otherwise it could be one of the reasons my games aren't loading as I've been ignoring the base "Settings" folder), 

Thanks!

First post! I purchased a Shield TV a couple of weeks ago and have successfully loaded Retroarc (nightly build, not off the Play Store) and have it running ROMs off a microSD card. I'm just learning Retroarc, but have read quite a few tutorials and have already figured out how to switch the A and B buttons (a necessity for me). Just starting to toy around with shaders and am just blown away with how well Zelda can look on a 55" LCD screen with the right scalers. 

Just a few issues I haven't been able to solve:

* I've installed Hyperspin fom the Play Store, as well as copying over Hyperspin from my PC to the root of my microSD card. In doing so, I've also updated my rompath= values in the system INI files per this tutorial. When I open HyperSpin on the Shield TV, the main menus open, and I can select a system and get a full games list, however all of my games are "not found." Note that I haven't audited or renamed any of the ROMs via the PC yet (I'm just starting to do that now), so could that be why all of the listed games are appearing as "not found?" I'm using uncompressed ROMs and have also updated the executable tag in the INIs to be accurate. 

* In Retroarc, I'm having good luck with NES, SNES and SGEN emulation, however all N64 games instantly crash. I read this is due to a setting that needs to be changed in HyperSpin ("switching GUI driver to RGUI"), but I couldn't find this setting in the Retroarc Android GUI. Does it exist somewhere in Retroarc, or do I need to get HyperSpin working first? 

Thanks!

gracias

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the nice tutorials.

In a parallel effort, I followed the official HyperSpin tutorial videos and have HyperSpin and RocketLauncher installed on the PC, along with Don's HyperSpin Tools. Going through those tutorials, I used Don's ROM Renamer to rename all of my NES ROMs, and was saddened to see that only about half of my games were CRC matched... 

Once I've renamed those ROMs and added them back into RocketLauncher, how do I tell HyperSpin to only display those games (that I actually have) versus the entire console game listing? Or does that just happen automagically? 

Also, for the Android app, I added the subfolder "Settings_Android" as I understand that will allow me to set rompaths specific to the Android app, separate from the PC setup. I just wanted to confirm this is still accurate and good (otherwise it could be one of the reasons my games aren't loading as I've been ignoring the base "Settings" folder), 

Thanks!

The settings_android is accurate setup as far as I know.

There are some filter options in HyperHQ for Roms only, themes only etc. I don't use roms only so can't confirm it works. Check the reznate sticky threads for more info on what options are Android compatible.

Or you can change the text roms only option to true in the .ini file manually. Or any of the other filters.

I'm still new to this as well, but I think in Don's Tools you have it scan your games collection after which it knows what games you have.  Then, make sure all games are not included and user the "Game" filter to show only the roms you have.  Then select all those and right click -> add to output list.  Now when you generate the output list it will contain only the games you have selected and you can copy it over to the appropriate "Databases" folder in your hyperspin install.

Archived