Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(FALSE) HyperSpin Going Commercial?!?

newoski

Chris Upchurch just shared a video stating that he's disbanding his drives in response to HS officially becoming a commercial product. Thrilled to hear that there might be more stable dev on HyperSpin, but I can't find any info on the forums... 

Is this confirmed? Any links?

Like Agent47 has said, do not believe anything unless you hear it from an admin or Bill himself.

And certainly don't believe Upchurch.

And at this time... what are admins saying? 

"No Comment" or "No, it's not true"

( :

I have no insight into what is real or hearsay, however, this is Chris's justification/supporting evidence:

Dear HyperSpinner, I am Bill Shaunton. You may know me as BBB from the HyperSpin Forums. I have been researching you and many other individuals/companies who seem to be selling my digitally protected product under numerous laws and statutes. With what will soon be the launch of my next phase of HyperSpin I need to cut out the dead wood. Understandably I have let much of this slide whilst my time has been taken with my family and my real job. But now that my main version of HyperSpin will be released soon I will be doing this for the first time as a professional company. I have now protected all of my assets and digital goods legally. Out of good will I am warning you as I do not want this to turn into a battle. But in the next 24 hours I am starting to take down all illegal HyperSpin selling sites, Social Media sites and those who fail to take my warning. Those who will be effected are: Sellers of Drives or Digital Media containing HyperSpin material. Using of the HyperSpin name or Branding without permission. Containing any materials controlled by the HyperSpin Corp in US, Canada and UK. Soon to be Austrailia. Please do not take this personal, but from now on I need to look after my creations and turn this into my main income. Those found to be acting unlawfully by my trade team will be prosecuted to the fullest. You do not need to respond to this email. This has been sent as a blanket warning to all those we think are at this stage acting unlawful. All further correspondence will be done through my legal team I have acting on my behalf. I wish you all the best and hope you respect my actions taken on these Matters. Kind Regards, Bill Shaunton HyperSpin Founder, Creator and Owner.

Just my 2 cents...., since HS is back in full developement, I would not put it past  Bill contacting him and saying "I'm back in full developement of HS and it's serious and it's going commercial, so please stop, or I'll persue legal action."

I mean this guy WAS the the most well-known individual selling HD's with 0 fucks given about what anybody said here.

So I wouldn't say this is bullshit.

EDIT: just saw post above, so guess I was right.....

Well guys on the plus side it def. looks like the new release is soon! Bill is taking this very seriously!!

HyperSpin is NOT going commercial.  Probably somebody trying to help bill and the site, but going about it wrong.  HyperSpin will always be as it is, hate to break the news to a guy like that, HyperSpin does not support, endorse, approve, recommend these hard drive sellers.  There is even a notice warning people off, he has been sent C&D letters in the past as he was/is selling HyperSpin which is way against the T&C of the site and software.  But this is not a thing and no one here wants false rumors spread about HyperSpin or Bill.  And that was not BadBoyBill's last name.  Talked to BBB this morning and he was just as surprised as the rest of us.

I edited the title of this thread for those that do not read every post.  I will leave the thread open for now.

Upchuck probably knew that he was only going to get in more and more over his head by selling a free product and concocted this script to make it seem like he is doing the right thing now lol.

That's exactly what this was. He has since posted an update video acknowledging just that. Apologies for bringing the hubub to the forum

I just saw the "let me clear it up" video.  Wow,....how could he have thought that would be a good move?  It just shows his lack of integrity even more.  It always amazes me how there are people like this out there and that they are relatively successful!  What a tool.  Can't say I'm sad to see him go.

Archived