Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin 1.4 and Windows 10

sreisig1

Currently running Hyperspin 1.4 and Rocketlauncher on a Windows 7 PC. Being as I only have 3 days left to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, is it worth it? How reliable is 10? Are there compatibility issues with the front end, emulators, programs etc. If anyone running Windows 10 can chime in that would be awesome.

I wuld say that it all runs smoother and more stable in 10 than it did in 7.

Some people with iPac 2's are having some control issues with Taito Type X games after upgrading though. For me I didn't have a single problem after the upgrade.

Thanks. I'm using ipac2 but don't use Taito Type X. I guess I'll just have to give it a go. Could always switch back to 7, hopefully.

10 works better. If you have any kinks fix them and stick with 10. If you run PC games you'll need it for DX12 anyway.

There are a bunch of Win 10 threads here if you search. A ton of them. Plenty of advice in them if you need it.

Cool. The only thing to check on is make exceptions for HyperSpin and RocketLauncher in Windows Defender, otherwise it will cause issues. I except the entire folders.

If it ever starts running janky, Windows Defender exceptions should be the first thing you check as updates can make you need to except them again.

Archived