Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

databases of working games?

craiganderson

All games in the official database Works with at least one emulator... The problem with n64 is exactly that... All games don't work on one emulator... Retroarch is the most stable and easy way for me.

The videos might be old...

nonMAME documentation recommends RetroArch with the Mupen64Plus Core for n64 ( http://nonmame.retrogames.com ). they also have some other recommendations. but i can't seem to find a decent compatibility list for that.

n64 is a real mess as far as i know when it comes to compatibility. as knewlife said before there is probably not one single emulator that plays all games well, since n64 emulators often times use very specific hacks or workarounds for specific games (at least that is what i read once). other systems are way more forward, like the playstation. psx has good emulators like mednafen or zebra both of which pretty much play everything you throw at them. that's because they basically replicate the original system 1:1, whereas n64 still needs to use special workarounds specific for a lot of the games.

Archived