Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How long can you run HyperSpin on your rig?

scoodidabop

Have you guys tried leaving HyperSpin on overnight or for 24hrs+?  I'm hoping to achieve a setup that can sustain long periods of being powered on but with the FLV video transitions I eventually get the grey exclamation crash (memory related).  I may do away with the FLV transitions all together for stability but before I do that I wanted to see if you guys have any tips, tricks, or particular hardware that allows you to run extended sessions. 

I'm running an i5 rig with 8GB ram and a GTX560ti.  Grey exclamation crash anywhere from 4 to 8 hours after starting Hyperspin.  Slightly longer with flash hardware acceleration off.

Have you guys tried leaving HyperSpin on overnight or for 24hrs+?  I'm hoping to achieve a setup that can sustain long periods of being powered on but with the FLV video transitions I eventually get the grey exclamation crash (memory related).  I may do away with the FLV transitions all together for stability but before I do that I wanted to see if you guys have any tips, tricks, or particular hardware that allows you to run extended sessions. 

I'm running an i5 rig with 8GB ram and a GTX560ti.  Grey exclamation crash anywhere from 4 to 8 hours after starting Hyperspin.  Slightly longer with flash hardware acceleration off.

I can post my settings, if desired, but I have my bartop running on an i5-4690K (no overclock yet) and I regularly leave it on overnight with HyperSpin running. it has yet to freeze on me in HS

Tried removing all FLV transitions and threw in some fresh "interstitial backgrounds" (and deleted those bricks images - eww!) to transition between system themes.  No crashes after 24 hours so it's VERY stable it seems. But man, I like those transitions. 

When I saw your post last night I started mine up and just let it run... more than 24 hours now

Main wheel or MAME or what?  I had some added transitions on my MAME wheel so that didn't help.  Main wheel lasted a little longer but never more than half a day or so with Flash hardware acceleration on.  Do you have any special settings going on?

Oops - I spoke to soon.  Woke up this morning to discover the grey exclamation of death.  So yeah, less than 36 hours even with the FLVs gone. So I guess eventually the swf files or something in the themes overloads the Flash player at some point. Weird.

There is a memory leak yes. I added to to the enhancement list

It's a "leak"? Interesting.  I'm programming ignorant but would love to know more about how that works.

No big deal - just hoping there might be a workaround to avoid that crash or which settings lend the most stability.  Thanks for the insight!

I just left mine on the main menu, but I shut it down last night... so I have no idea if 36 hours is my limit as well. FWIW I'm building a cabinet and plan on shutting it down each time.

As far as a memory leak, it has to do with programs properly releasing chunks of memory when they're done using it. If a program doesn't release it, the system never marks it for re-use... so over time the program's memory use keeps growing as it grabs new memory but doesn't release what was used in the past.

Archived