Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FOUR NEW SIMPLE FIXES for: Systems not working/Bezels not showing/MEGA file trouble/HyperSync login issues

phantasy

FOUR NEW FIXES for potential problems you may face when setting up HyperSpin. Please excuse if any of my fixes/discoveries are previously well known territory. I hope Simply Austin sees this too for future tutorials he may or may not do...

BEZELS NOT SHOWING: FIX

After botching up my N64 setup because my OCD kicked in and I deleted my wheel to create a new one WHERE I wanted it to show up, I was back to Austin's videos.

On Austin's Nintendo 64 guide, a youtube popup frame turned up I didnt see the first time in another browser from adblocking. This revealed a VERY important find: Many (most?) of Austin's system download packs that include fades and bezels need to go into your ROCKETLAUNCHER Media subfolder and NOT in HyperSpin/Media if you are a newcomer using more up to date RocketLauncher.  This may help a rare niche of people, but there you go.

This solved both questions I had as to why his custom bezels weren't showing up in HyperSpin, AND why I had both a 'bezel' and 'bezels' folder in HyperSpin/Media. That seemed redundant and one likely wasn't 'seen' by HS.  Now thanks to this, I can see all of Austin's amazing system bezels now instead of the default TV screen ones.  Perhaps Austin discusses this already in a video I'm not on yet, but there you go for you text based search engine fix seekers. :)

SYSTEMS NOT WORKING: FIX

This fix is especially for systems mapped to RetroArch.  I had issues where games tested fine at the appropriate stages as mirrored in Austin's tutorial, but later when I went to play a game in actual HyperSync, when I went beyond a system's main animation to the game selection subwheel, I'd get bumped right back to the system wheel and never get the games selection. This was a bitch to sort out, but it turned out the ONE issue that broke all my RetroArch based system wheels was...

...ticking the "Roms Only" box in HyperHQ in the Navigation/Themes tab!!  I don't know why, and it may be a bug as I think I comprehend what the button does, but alas, if you experience this major block, this was the fix for me.  I welcome anyone's explanation to this problem.

TROUBLE GETTING AUSTIN'S LINKED MEGA FILES?  FIX!!

I am not a fan of MEGA for file sharing and found it a royal pain to work correctly. If you use Firefox/IE, you may find downloads failing (if you even get THAT far). At least for the duration of the tutorials, I HIGHLY suggest you download the Opera browser, and life becomes much simpler. Besides, who wants to be caught using a combo of Windows AND Internet Explorer in 2016??  I installed no plugins, and for this one purpose, Opera is very fast, AND it showed the in-video (whatever you call them) popup as mentioned that fixed my bezel problem.

HYPERSYNC LOGIN ISSUES (MORE HYPERSPIN ACCOUNT THAN EMUMOVIES): FIX!!

The better known first aspect is to make sure you have paid accounts actively with HyperSpin AND EmuMovies - it's worth it and that was half your headache there solved. :)

The LESSER known solution is about account logins. At least while you are using HyperSync, you must change your HyperSpin password to something that is ONLY letters and numbers WITHOUT ANY SPECIAL CHARACTERS. You can change your password back to something more secure when done.  Yeah, it's a pain, and it would be better when HyperSync gets an update and fixes this, but hey, now you are up and running until that day. :)

I hope these fixes are useful to somebody- I remember constant frustration in the past doing more configuring than playing so I want to help you get to playing faster. I find it wise to take notes as I go and will continue to post and problems I encounter that I then find my own solution for.

Yes there may not be a bug with ROMs only, but I do believe there is a limitation, and that is you can only list one file extension per system, and there can only be one path.

So all your ROMs must be on the same folder. And systems that use multiple file formats for the ROMs can't use this setting properly.

Hopefully someone will post info or a link to something that proves I am wrong so I can stop hacking up my xml's lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes there may not be a bug with ROMs only, but I do believe there is a limitation, and that is you can only list one file extension per system, and there can only be one path.

So all your ROMs must be on the same folder. And systems that use multiple file formats for the ROMs can't use this setting properly.

Hopefully someone will post info or a link to something that proves I am wrong so I can stop hacking up my xml's lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes there is a limitation to only one path(symbolic links could fix that for you if you cared). You can put in as many extensions as you want just separate them with a comma.

I am pretty certain I have both my Rom Paths and Extensions correct in all systems, but you are right agent47- that is the first likely culprit to investigate.  I can't imagine I'd error on EVERY system that happens to be RetroArch based though. Seems I'm more likely to have some global RetroArch settings error in this case. If I find it, I'll report back and retract my implications of HyperSpin's bug and take full credit as a 'phantasy bug' haha.

JoyStickKilla - Could you kindly elaborate on the fix mentioned via '(symbolic links could fix that for you if you cared)'? Thanks!!

I am pretty certain I have both my Rom Paths and Extensions correct in all systems, but you are right agent47- that is the first likely culprit to investigate.  I can't imagine I'd error on EVERY system that happens to be RetroArch based though. Seems I'm more likely to have some global RetroArch settings error in this case. If I find it, I'll report back and retract my implications of HyperSpin's bug and take full credit as a 'phantasy bug' haha.

JoyStickKilla - Could you kindly elaborate on the fix mentioned via '(symbolic links could fix that for you if you cared)'? Thanks!!

With symbolic links you take a source folder(in this case would be your file path defined in hyperhq or elsewhere for whatever you are using it) and a secondary folder and "link" them together. What this ends up creating is that anything that resides in that secondary folder is thus seen by windows as residing in the path of that source folder. Not sure if that makes sense. These are two of the ones that I like which makes the process easy. The first is a gui program and the second adds options to the right click shell extension.

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/03/26/symbolic-link-creator/

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

• 11 months later...

Archived