Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

JoyToKey can't use it again after closing emulator?

prefor

Hello guys, i have a small problem with JoyToKey...

I'm using it to configure my PSX emulator with it since, some of my keys doesn't respond when i play some games...

But i occured this problem:

1. I have configured JoyToKey to use the controller in the main menu.. So far so good..

2. I have also configured the gamepads in the ePSXe, again so far it's working great!

3. Now let say i open Hyperspin, (i have configured the settings from HyperHQ that JoyToKey launches automatically when i run Hyperspin.)

4. And let say that i launch a PSX games, JoyToKey will then open the .cfg file i have created for ePSXe so i can be able to play the game with my gamepad...

Now here is the funny part, when i exit the game (by pressing ESC), JoyToKey also exits and by that i'm stuck in main menu and can't move or do anything since JoyToKey got terminated... The only way to exit Hyperspin is to use my keyboard...

Is there a way to "use" JoyToKey that it automatically recognize which is the main menu and which is the emulator so it doesn't get terminated when i exit the game??

Have u also created a hyperspin profile so that rocketlauncher loads that profile once u are in the hyperspin menu again?

I know you said u have the default profile called up when u start hyperspin, but I believe u need to create another from within rocketlauncherui so it knows to call this new (second version, not default) profile once returning to the menu.

Hope that makes sense

Have u also created a hyperspin profile so that rocketlauncher loads that profile once u are in the hyperspin menu again?

I know you said u have the default profile called up when u start hyperspin, but I believe u need to create another from within rocketlauncherui so it knows to call this new (second version, not default) profile once returning to the menu.

Hope that makes sense

Actually that makes perfect sense, but i already created another profile for RockerLauncherUI...

Here is a picture of how it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/dGinHgD.png

I have configured so that these two have exactly the same controls for my gamepad...

Am i doing somethign wrong?

I followed this guide, but it still doesn't work :(

https://gameroomsolutions.com/hyperspin-controller-setup-with-joytokey-and-gamepad/

I don't use joy2key but I would imagine that you would need a profile named HyperSpin to control HS, not one for RocketLauncherUI. Spawk has a joy2key tut here that may help.

I Have followed that guide but it still doesn't work :(

Dammit it's not supposed this "hard"! :(

What am i doing wrong?

Is it because my FrontEnd Profile is called RocketLauncherUI and not HyperSpin like the one in the guide?

I tried to rename it but it's not possible

I don't use j2k but having a frontend profile named/for RLUI instead of HyperSpin doesn't make any sense to me and I would say that's likely your problem. If it's in the guide as HyperSpin it's probably for a reason. If you can't rename it you may have to delete that profile and create another one.

I have deleted the profile and created a new one.. i even deleted all the traces that was left after the previous profile.. It still won't work for some reason :(

Guess i have to figure it out somehow..

What do you use instead? Xmapper or just the keyboard? :)

I haven't been playing much recently and when I do I typically just run games from RLUI, not HS. I use the Startup Script to handle the HS controls and have all my other controls set through the emu directly. I use a 360 controller for most of the consoles with a few exceptions (N64 and GC original controllers via usb adapter) and use keyboard for most of the computer systems.

Thanks anyway mate! I appreciate all your help!

I have to figure this out by myself, why it doesn't work for some reason :(

there is an option in Rocketlauncher under Global - Rocketlauncher UI --> General Options --> Add JoytoKey License (give em a yes :-) )

this solved most of my problems with joytokey... first of all I have to implement one general profil and start Joytokey generally with hyperHQ automatically... then there have to be one profil for every system and hyperspin itself too...

I haven't been playing much recently and when I do I typically just run games from RLUI, not HS. I use the Startup Script to handle the HS controls and have all my other controls set through the emu directly. I use a 360 controller for most of the consoles with a few exceptions (N64 and GC original controllers via usb adapter) and use keyboard for most of the computer systems.

there is an option in Rocketlauncher under Global - Rocketlauncher UI --> General Options --> Add JoytoKey License (give em a yes :-) )

this solved most of my problems with joytokey... first of all I have to implement one general profil and start Joytokey generally with hyperHQ automatically... then there have to be one profil for every system and hyperspin itself too...

I didn't find that option (Add JoytoKey License)...

But i think i managed to fix it!!

All i had to do was to remove this thing from the control settings :D

It finally works! :D

Here is a picture of what i removed: http://i.imgur.com/HdN99Pd.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually having this same exact issue yet neither of the last 2 things worked for me... starts up fine, enters emulator fine, but exiting emulator back to hyperspin and controller keys no longer work until program is restarted.  I have it mapped similar to above using joytokey and even redid some mappings to match the posts in this post but no luck.  If anyone else has any other idea or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
On 9/8/2016 at 4:58 PM, prefor said:

I didn't find that option (Add JoytoKey License)...

But i think i managed to fix it!!

All i had to do was to remove this thing from the control settings :D

It finally works! :D

Here is a picture of what i removed: http://i.imgur.com/HdN99Pd.png

Hey....having the exact same issue...can you elaborate on what you mean by "remove this thing from the control settings"?

I found out what the issue is and how to actually fix it.

Untitled.png.a0e6736d411f4c58d6d3d7d3e77d5006.png

If that field is left blank, when you exit the emulator it will search for a Joy2Key profile called RLauncher which isnt there so it will close JoyToKey

If you want to find out what your profiles are check in \RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey

• 1 year later...

I couldn't fix this either, but I did learn that running joy2key from a batch script (run as a "startup" program in HyperHQ), will allow me to use my controller when HyperSpin first boots without showing me annoying splash screens (xpadder run this way throws splash screens).  Then keeping my RocketlauncherUI -> KeyMapper -> "Frontend profile" set to xpadder, and configuring xpadder for the HyperSpin main menu, lets me use controls after exiting games (no xpadder splash screens here either).

I run most of my emulators through RetroArch, so that it can handle controllers.  The few systems RetroArch doesn't do so well, I set up xpadder configurations for and configure for Xbox controls.  This is feasible since PS4 controllers are simulated on PC as Xbox (xinput) controllers via DS4Windows.

Pretty kludgy, but it seems ok so far

REM HyperHQStartupScript.bat

@echo off
echo Starting main menu controls and search kiosk.
start "" "Joy2Key\JoyToKey.exe"
start "" "HyperSearch v2.0.1-beta\HyperSearch.exe"

timeout 1

REM HyperHQExitScript.bat

taskkill /IM HyperSearch.exe /T /F >nul
taskkill /IM JoyToKey.exe /T /F >nul
taskkill /IM Xpadder.exe /T /F >nul
exit

Archived