Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to setup steam?

gx1983

Hello,

I am trying to setup Steam on Hyperspin with Rocketlauncher.

But when trying to launch the game I just got the error:

You are trying to use steam and an application, you muct choose one or the other.

I don't quite understand this message.

Here are snapshots:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B031-5nRFOKRVlpwdzk3ZXlFcGs/view?usp=sharing 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B031-5nRFOKROURGRTk3TzR2S3c/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B031-5nRFOKRZmxueUhfbFZxOTg/view?usp=sharing

Thank you !

Steam games don't need the route to the exe, only the SteamID is needed along with the name of the exe for AppWaitExe.

I didn't knew you could set those things up through RLUI, I recommend just editing PClauncher.ini with Notepad++, it's easier IMO (It's located in RocketLauncher\Modules\PCLauncher).

Here one example of how a game entry should look:

[Ultra Street Fighter IV]
AppWaitExe=SSFIV.exe
SteamID=45760
FadeTitle=SSFIVAE ahk_class SSFIVAE

(Fadetitle is only to make the fade transition a little smoother, it's not actually needed).

You are trying to use steam and an application, you muct choose one or the other.

It means exactly what it says. You are trying to use the pathe to the exe and the Steam ID at the same time. You only use one or the other. Steam ID for Steam games, path to exe for non-Steam games just like the module instructions say.

Steam games are pretty easy to setup. Hold on I'll see if I can find my mini guide thing for you.

Found it. This was for someone also using Steam wheel Creator for HyperSpin. You can ignore that top part if it doesn't apply. The 2nd half covers what you need.

-Firstly here is a link to the Steam Wheel Creator tool (courtesy of TogaForComfort who gave me the link): http://bit.ly/1bd6anM

-OK. So you can either add your Steam games manually into your existing PC Games database XML (found in the hyperspin/databases folder) or you can use the Steam Wheel Creator (SWC) to build a new Steam games database with all SteamID's automatically added and then manually add your existing PC games to that database. Whichever is easiest for you. What I did is a bit of both. Like you I had all my non-steam PC games working first. Then I renamed that database to "PC Games backup" (make sure you back this up as the SWC will overwrite everything you already have). Then I had the SWC link to my Steam account, build an XML database of my games & download MP4 theme vids (I didn't have it make themes, wheel names etc... since I did that bit myself). Then I took that new Steam database and copy pasted the games into my "backup database" in alphabetical order (I added the ESRB rating myself, SWC doesn't do that). Once I had them all together in one database I deleted the SWC version and renamed my "backup" back to PC Games. Done.

I'd say the best thing to do is backup your database and play with the SWC to figure it out, it isn't to hard, but it is a bit weird. First pick "Create New" at the top. The next screen will ask for your personal accounts SteamID. I found this by going to the Steam website, click on your name at the top right, then click on "View Profile", then look in the actual URL address bar of your browser and you should see something like this: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7636119478420742/ (number changed to protect the guilty). That number at the end is your Steamaccount ID. Just copy and past that into the SWC. Where it says system you would put PC Games (or whatever you named yours)...

TIP: If you choose to manually add the steam games you can easily find an individual games SteamID by going to the start menu, steam folder, right click on the game and select properties and the number is right there.

Here is what my database looks like with one Steam game and one non-Steam game:

<game SteamAppId="281220" name="BloodRayne -  Betrayal">
    <description>BloodRayne Betrayal</description>
    <manufacturer>WayForward, Abstraction Games</manufacturer>
    <year>2014</year>
    <genre>Action</genre>
   <rating>ESRB - M (Mature)</rating>
  </game>
  <game SteamAppId="0" name="Crazy Taxi" index="true" image="0">
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <description>Crazy Taxi</description>
    <manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
    <year>1999</year>
    <genre>Driving</genre>
    <rating>ESRB - E (Everyone)</rating>
  </game>
-After you have the database built you need to update the SteamIDs.ini file. This file is located in Hyperspin/Modules/PCLauncher and is a long list of Steam games that looks like this:

[307780]
title=Mortal Kombat X

exe=MK10.exe
What you need to do is make sure all the games you are adding are on this list with the correct SteamID and the correct Steam .exe file (as found in Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/gamefolder). Many of your games may aleady be on this list (just do a CTRL+F to search for them) if not then I copied a random games info (like in the code above) pasted it back into the list, added the new games SteamID between the brackets, it's name as it is called in the database (not what I named it on the wheel, but the actual name Steam calls it) and then typed in the name of the .exe. Once you have them all added just save it.

-Finally you need to add them in Rocket/Hyperlauncher so go into HyperlaunchHQ. Go to the Modules tab and select PC Games from the left system column (or whatever you call your PC game system). Under Modules select PCLauncher and the click the Edit Global Module settnings button above. From this screen click the big plus icon to add one of the games into the module. Once you click it it should show a list of any game in your database that you haven't added into the module yet, games you've already added will populate the box above the + icon. Double click a game and it should auto-fill the SteamID section for that game down below. That's it. Steam game is added. Do not add the path to the game's .exe, leave it blank. It isn't needed for Steam games and will actually cause an error.

-HOWEVER. You probably have a couple steps left depending on the game. Most games will probably need to set up the FadeTitle option or the AppWaitExe option down below so it doesn't hang while trying to launch (I'm guessing you're familiar with this since you already did some PC games?). You will also probably find that some games need extreme fiddling to get the controls working right (but that's a whole other can of turds).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2017 at 12:32 AM, KRIS85 said:

Hello guys i config my steam game but i got problem in SWC if i go to published i got error

Log.txt

It says your DB is poopy right in the log. Did you already look at that?

Faild to load existing database for system 'Steam'. Make sure the existing database is well formed.

Archived