Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Konami Classics Not Working?

sonkun

New to the HyperSpin scene but have been getting my feet wet for about a week now and kind of got the hang of setting things up, I managed to set up about 15 or so systems so far but for some reason when I set up Konami Classics it appears on the main menu wheel, video plays and all but as soon as I try to enter into it HyperSpin just completely force closes. Does this happen to anyone else? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I dled all the themes etc. from the dl section on this site and I'm on Nvidia Shield Tv btw.

Hi, Try unticking roms only in hyperhq for konami classics. It isn't working on android version anyway but I have found this problem before and that sorted it for me.

Thanks for the advice. I opened up HyperHQ and saw that it was already unchecked. Maybe it could be a faulty default theme as thatman84 suggested? I'll try looking around for a couple default themes

Thanks for the advice. I opened up HyperHQ and saw that it was already unchecked. Maybe it could be a faulty default theme as thatman84 suggested? I'll try looking around for a couple default themes

Just for testing grab a known working one out of another system you have setup. Quicker

Just tried a few themes that work and it still goes right back to the main wheel menu.

Do you know what you changed to stop in force closing? (I assumed from your 1st post it was crashing out to shield home screen)

If it's just flicking and staying on main menu the normal problem is that you have roms only filter set to true with none of your roms matching the DB or your rompath incorrect. BUT you have already checked that! Dam I can't remember the other reasons for this!!!

Maybe check your DB is good and set all filters off/false.

Post your settings file for the system

Do you know what you changed to stop in force closing? (I assumed from your 1st post it was crashing out to shield home screen)

If it's just flicking and staying on main menu the normal problem is that you have roms only filter set to true with none of your roms matching the DB or your rompath incorrect. BUT you have already checked that! Dam I can't remember the other reasons for this!!!

Maybe check your DB is good and set all filters off/false.

Post your settings file for the system

I didn't change anything, I actually meant to say in my first post that it goes back to the main menu wheel and not force close out to the shield home screen. I checked the filters and they're all false. Maybe after you see my settings and database you'll notice something I haven't. Check it out.

Konami Classics.zip

Konami Classics database.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to the Hyperspin scene but a long time user of MAME32.  I installed Konami Classics on my Shield yesterday and running flawlessly.  2 things I had to do though was to copy and paste the info from the MAME.ini file (from the top to the media path line) to the Konami Classics.ini file but obviously you will need to change the Rom path, launch path and video file path.  You can do this easily from your PC by switching on the 'access folders on PC' option in 'storage' setting on your Shield TV.  This will now let you enter into the game list on the wheel.

However, you wont be able to play any games because the names of the ROMS wont match the names of the games in the database xml file.  So you need to use Don's renamer tool to overwrite or create a new database xml file.  This should now work.

• 2 weeks later...

I can attach the Konami Classics.ini and database xml file for shield TV when i get home after work if you still need it. 

Edit- attached (can't post .ini files so change the .txt file to .ini)

Man thanks a lot for helping me out. Unfortunately when I changed your txt ini back to a regular ini and try to enter I just end up right back on the system main wheel again. It's funny cause at first I used your ini without changing the txt part and I actually got into the wheel and was happy as hell then I tried to pick a game and it said the rom was missing and that's when I noticed. At least I know it's definitely something to do with the ini somehow. Maybe I need to try and do what you said you did in your first reply and see if it works for me. Also for all Mame sub arcade systems like Konami, Irem, Capcom etc.  i have all of their rom paths pointed to the Mame folder and they all work that way except Konami and now recently Tecmo that I just added. I added damn near 67 systems to the main menu wheel that pretty much all work ever since I made this thread and yet somehow I still can't get Konami (and now Tecmo) to work lol.

Edit: I get booted out of Hyperspin period and not just taken back to the system wheel.

Man thanks a lot for helping me out. Unfortunately when I changed your txt ini back to a regular ini and try to enter I just end up right back on the system main wheel again. It's funny cause at first I used your ini without changing the txt part and I actually got into the wheel and was happy as hell then I tried to pick a game and it said the rom was missing and that's when I noticed. At least I know it's definitely something to do with the ini somehow. Maybe I need to try and do what you said you did in your first reply and see if it works for me. Also for all Mame sub arcade systems like Konami, Irem, Capcom etc. i have all of their rom paths pointed to the Mame folder and they all work that way except Konami and now recently Tecmo that I just added. I added damn near 67 systems to the main menu wheel that pretty much all work ever since I made this thread and yet somehow I still can't get Konami (and now Tecmo) to work lol

all i did was copy mame ini then change name to whatever classic system.

Just check all you spellings for everything. Case sensitive, spaces are stops (.)

Database folder and xml (where did you get the xml from)

Ini file

Media folder

There is a default.zip (which you have I know but anyway)

All filters are off in settings

Sounds like Database

EDIT

Just re read your post and noticed .txt let you into wheel. But .ini stops it.

This is weird. Something must be named wrong or duplicated somewhere.

I managed to resolve this whole issue by simply deleting the "Special" sub-folder folder from the Images folder from the Konami Classics Media folder. I started checking everywhere and noticed some folders inside that special folder in another language. I then noticed most of my other "Classics" media folders didn't even have this Special folder so I just deleted it from the Konami Classics folder and now I'm able to get into the wheel through Hyperspin and play any game I choose. Of all things the problem turned out to be those extra folders. Doing that also solved my Tecmo arcade wheel problem as well, all is well again.

Special folder is for the .swf files that normally display the joystick controllers at the bottom of the screen.

Good you solved it.

Btw does it still show those controls at the bottom. I forgot to test if they display from the default main menu special files if special A & B is set to default in the ini. (I use Shield controller specific button images for special

Ah so that's what that's for. The moment I saw your reply I checked and it didn't have the controls at the bottom but then right away I copied a Special folder from one of my other media folders and now they're back at the bottom of the screen and I can still get into the wheel and play any game I choose, so now it's REALLY back to normal now lol. I can't thank everyone in this thread enough for helping me out. I guess in the end it was just those forein folders within the Special folder that were causing all the problems.

Archived