Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Taito Type X Problems

ObiWan12

Hello,

i am fighting with Taito Type X Games to make them work in Rocket Launcher. I never really figured out what to do with the app wait exe and the fade title stuff and where to place them in the corresponding ini files.

Now i had an apdate (win 10 64bit) and predominantly the horizontal shooters wont work, they stuck and show me only white screen.

Can anyone help ?

Greetz

ObiWan12

Forget Rocketlauncher until you have them working first. If they don't work try setting different compatibility, I have had trouble with some on W10 but have not had time to figure out what's wrong.

As for the app wait and fade title, they can be added directly to RLUI without messing with ini files.

any advice for exiting vertical games.. whenever I exit a vertical type x game it goes back to hyperspin but I have to press tab + alt to switch back to hyperspin. I have return to focus setup and works but vertical games still act funny on exit.

You've put in the fade title or changed the exit method?

The best advice I can give for TTX is to use "Game Loader All RH" instead of the other loaders which are out there. It's updated relatively often and works well on Windows 10. I only have 3 games that will not work on Windows 10 and 2 are known about. Silent Hill and KOFMira. I also can't get Far Cry working either.

I tried Game Loader All RH without sucess. But i switched from onboard Intel HD4000 to Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 M and the vertical shooters work now. Unfortunately other games like SFIV arcade work only on HD4000. Is it possible to combine different games with the different grafic cards?

Many thanks gigapig !

You are right SSF works with 960, but i took very long to boot and wacky racers crashes while loading with 960. i will try to manage the different games with hd4000 and 960 now. raiden III and IV work under 960 when i deactivate hd4000 but when i point all exe files to 960 in the nvidia system control they will not boot, when activating both cards.

Many thanks gigapig !

You are right SSF works with 960, but i took very long to boot and wacky racers crashes while loading with 960. i will try to manage the different games with hd4000 and 960 now. raiden III and IV work under 960 when i deactivate hd4000 but when i point all exe files to 960 in the nvidia system control they will not boot, when activating both cards.

How did you make it work? Is there any good tutorial?

Many thanks gigapig !

Sorry if I missed it but is there a reason to use the HD4000? Why not just use the 960 for everything?

Hi ci2own, in the NVIDIA system control under 3D preferences, Program pref you can choose any exe and the preferred grafics processor.

Thanks! But i mean from the beginning. I downloaded lots of sets but not all games works.  Is there a tutorial for each game? or are the same for all games? 

Not hyperspin related but since this topic popped up can anyone help me with this? I set up several TTX games without issues a few weeks ago. I changed out my radeon 470 for a gtx 1060 a few days ago and went back to add the games that dont play well with amd GPUs. Now when I try to set controls using the config file it no longer recognizes any inputs and I cant bind anything. I retried configuring the games I already setup and they dont work either. I have an ipac and a regular keyboard, both work fine outside of TTX, but arent recognized within. I doubt my GPU change is the cause, maybe a windows update? I also recently installed VJoy maybe that broke it. I'm running Windows 10 by the way. Just wondering if anyone has run into this.

Not hyperspin related but since this topic popped up can anyone help me with this? I set up several TTX games without issues a few weeks ago. I changed out my radeon 470 for a gtx 1060 a few days ago and went back to add the games that dont play well with amd GPUs. Now when I try to set controls using the config file it no longer recognizes any inputs and I cant bind anything. I retried configuring the games I already setup and they dont work either. I have an ipac and a regular keyboard, both work fine outside of TTX, but arent recognized within. I doubt my GPU change is the cause, maybe a windows update? I also recently installed VJoy maybe that broke it. I'm running Windows 10 by the way. Just wondering if anyone has run into this.

I'll answer my own question. Vjoy does interfere with Taito Type X, even when Vjoy isn't running.  I fully uninstalled Vjoy and everything is back to normal.

I'll answer my own question. Vjoy does interfere with Taito Type X, even when Vjoy isn't running. I fully uninstalled Vjoy and everything is back to normal.

I'd you need vjoy for something..have you tried running the taitogame in sandbox? Or maybe run it through vmware thinapp?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Ive recently had problems with the Type-X games too - but the advice your getting is good advice. Make sure the games work outside RockLauncher first (my problem was I had Bezels switched on Globally, rather than just for Mame)..also watch the youtube tutorials, Giga has a great tutorial on these games up there, as does Simply Austin (which also have good Mega download links). All Id say is if you watch these, download Austins Mega links and they STILL dont work outside rocket lanucher then - as stated already - you might want to consider putting an NVidia card in your system.

Archived