Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Anybody help with some I/O knowledge?

thenoob

Trying to clear some questions up about my ultimate IO that just arrived.

How do you run the solid colour LED lights? I have 2x 9 led harnesses from ultimarc but they give no diagram on how to run them.

In the picture you can see 4 rows, +rgb. Mine are not color changing, they are solid colour.

They came with clips where you can have 4 wires in each to connect to the board but they are labelled in 3's across each row. I'm very very confused....I want to use led kinky after they are setup which I know how to use....

This confuses me for some reason.

I wish ultimarc send their stuff like this with large maps on how to run wire. Would make things a lot easier

Trying to clear some questions up about my ultimate IO that just arrived.

How do you run the solid colour LED lights? I have 2x 9 led harnesses from ultimarc but they give no diagram on how to run them.

In the picture you can see 4 rows, +rgb. Mine are not color changing, they are solid colour.

They came with clips where you can have 4 wires in each to connect to the board but they are labelled in 3's across each row. I'm very very confused....I want to use led kinky after they are setup which I know how to use....

This confuses me for some reason.

I wish ultimarc send their stuff like this with large maps on how to run wire. Would make things a lot easier

I haven't setup LED buttons yet myself, but I thought they had the instructions and diagram right on the site with the products. Pretty sure I've looked through it all on there before.

There is documentation on their website. You can see it under the Installation Information section here http://www.ultimarc.com/ipacuio.html . These links will bring you to other products but they apply to your board too. Really you just use two of the four pins in each row, one for ground/negative and one for hot/positive. I think you can daisy-chain the ground pin and use all three of the hot pins if you need all 96 LEDs too. I don't have this board but I've looked into it and the wiring they show makes sense to me. I have also heard from many people that Ultimarc provides excellent support so you can give them a call or send them an email if you have questions or issues.

Two of the four?

Ok I thought since you are daisy chaining the negative already back to the board on all the joysticks and buttons, you just use the first hole on each row which would be +?

That would complete the circuit? Maybe I'm wrong??

Looking at the diagram again it appears that there is one hot/positive in each row and three grounds/negatives. The "+" is the hot/postive and the "<number>" is the ground/negative. So you would need to daisy-chain the "+" post if you need to use all 96 LEDs. The concept is the same as long as the button gets a positive and negative it should light up.

Archived