Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin install, potential virus infection

the_book

i have just downloaded and attempted to in stall hyperspin only to have my AV delete the main exe because it has found a virus ,

\HyperSpin Install v1.3.2.0.zip » ZIP » HyperHQ.exe - a variant of Win32/Packed.MoleboxVS.G suspicious application

\HyperSpin Install v1.3.2.0.zip » ZIP » HyperSpin.exe - a variant of Win32/Packed.MoleboxVS.G suspicious application

come on guys clean up and scan before you publish!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You honestly think we'd all be here, doing the work that we do while using virus infected software? Come on, use some common sense and have a look around.

It's called a false positive, something most AV programs can't seem to distinguish between real threats. Tell your silly program to ignore them and relax. There are no trojans, viruses or any such infections in Hyperspin.

Well, honestly it's not about being expert in viruses but it's all about READING what your antivirus says. Hyperspin technically act like a "suspicious" application (it launch other softwares) but a "suspicious application" or a "potential unwanted software" is not a virus nor a trojan. Some softwares as malwarebytes have correct definitions for these softwares (some DRM removal tools for example does things that a virus would do but they are not viruses), other softwares treat them like "trojan".

Antivir is a decent antivirus but it does have a really high "false positive" rate...

There really isn't much use to AV software nowadays to be honest. Nothing will stop the most dangerous threats out there. I think it's best just to use Microsoft Security Essentials (if any AV software at all), ccleaner and adblock edge/noscript in Firefox. Then just keep everything backed up. If you ever think you are infected, then temporarily install MalwareBytes and clean it out during a safe boot. At least then you're barely using any system resources.

Kaspersky, AVG, NOD32, Norton, Avast, etc. are not much better than what MS offers for free and they all seem to flag far too many false positives and cause general problems. Some of them even flag PC game mods and other annoyances.

• 11 months later...

Posting 1 time does not make him a troll. It makes him someone who wanted to try the program and was spooked by the Trojan threat. I have Norton 360 and I also got positive scans to a Trojan. I on the other hand are going to take the risk and try it. There is a massive amount of post saying this is a false positive I I can always reinstall. If something happens to my computer I will repost to everyone and give the details.

• 5 months later...

odd this never came up for me before but seeing as my hyperspin.exe just vanished I went to download 1.4 stable and it's being flagged and deleted.... Win10 Pro x64... new defender definition no doubt... just need to use some google-fu to stop it!

that or my HDD is finally dying and this false positive is a separate...let's hope not

Haven't used AV for 10 years or more

No script/adblock on browser

Malwarebytes free

Windows security since 8(has av i know but takes nothing like others)

Biggest one of all common sense!

The big bad viruses ms always release a remover that's why its really important to keep your windows up to date

2 seconds of digging uncovered it was indeed deleted by defender (win10 x64 pro)

clearly a FP but worth flagging in case anything can be done

Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah.C!plock[/size]

Had the same thing happen on both of my Hyperspin installs, both Windows 7 64-bit. I had a warning from Microsoft Essentials that I had been infected with the Win32/Skeeyah.C!plock virus. An hour later,I realized that Hyperspin.exe disappeared on both computers. I assumed incorrectly that I had been hit with a virus on both computers, uninstalled Malware Bytes and Microsoft Essentials on both, installed BitDefender on both, ran full scans, and had Hyperbrite.exe flagged as a virus on both.

One big cycle of false positives and work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am new here. I wanted to put this post because I too have found hyperspin and hyperbrite to be viruses with a malware scan. Also, I can tell it is a virus or something because my mouse acts strangely after install. After I deleted both that came up viruses, my mouse worked correctly again. After I put them back into the folder, the mouse is acting strangely. I am not trying to be a troll, I just really would like to have a clean, working version of this program as everything I have seen with it I really like. It is by far the prettiest looking frontend I have seen to date.

False positives

Tapatalk signature

I know everyone keeps saying false positive, but I seriously have a hard time moving my mouse around after it is installed. It is only this program because my mouse moves fine when it isn't installed. I don't want to create any arguments or anything like that. I just want to be able to have a nice clean install so I can use the best looking frontend I have seen around. That's all.

I know everyone keeps saying false positive, but I seriously have a hard time moving my mouse around after it is installed. It is only this program because my mouse moves fine when it isn't installed. I don't want to create any arguments or anything like that. I just want to be able to have a nice clean install so I can use the best looking frontend I have seen around. That's all.

Make an exception for HyperSpin.exe in your antivirus program. If that's Windows 8 or 10 - Windows Defender is integrated so create the exception in there.

There's no virus in HyperSpin - it's simply because of how the program works that it creates a false positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

my antivirus scanned trojans and deleted hyperspin and hq from my computer, the sound of my pc mute itself and other odd things, i dont think its just a false positive its something else... please check the programs because its a super cool launcher im sad this hsppens..

Archived