Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Just added HyperSpin to my cabinet

thomas3120

Looks great man! What was the cabinet originally? or was it home made. were you running a front end before HS? If you've got a link for that 2600 main theme i'd love to give you a hand with any set ups if you need help. Im not sure if theres a way to just import your MAME favorites or not, but im sure someone here knows the answer for sure. but above all else, YOU NEED THAT PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP! Hypersync will fill in all the wheel art and missing themes you have. and if you have the harddrive space get a membership to emumovies so you can grab all the game snaps. it makes a world of difference.

Looks great man! What was the cabinet originally? or was it home made. were you running a front end before HS? If you've got a link for that 2600 main theme i'd love to give you a hand with any set ups if you need help. Im not sure if theres a way to just import your MAME favorites or not, but im sure someone here knows the answer for sure. but above all else, YOU NEED THAT PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP! Hypersync will fill in all the wheel art and missing themes you have. and if you have the harddrive space get a membership to emumovies so you can grab all the game snaps. it makes a world of difference.

Thanks!

The cabinet I built back in 2002-2003. No frontend, just running individual emulators/FE, like MAME32, Stella, Fusion, etc...

Yeah, here's the 2600 theme I used:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4222

I've been thinking about going platinum :) If you're a platinum member can you download a whole set of video snaps instead of one game at a time?

t

I've been thinking about going platinum :) If you're a platinum member can you download a whole set of video snaps instead of one game at a time?

No platinum membership alone wont get you the video snaps. You still need a membership to emumovies. Hypersync will get you Main Menu and System Themes, Main Menu and System Wheel Art, Box Art and Cart Art, Disc Art, Letters, Pointers and Sounds but can also get you all the videos as long as you have a membership to emumovies.com. So its best to get both membership for whole set download of all media.

No platinum membership alone wont get you the video snaps. You still need a membership to emumovies. Hypersync will get you Main Menu and System Themes, Main Menu and System Wheel Art, Box Art and Cart Art, Disc Art, Letters, Pointers and Sounds but can also get you all the videos as long as you have a membership to emumovies.com. So its best to get both membership for whole set download of all media.

thanks for clarifying that for him, i should have said videos instead of snaps

• 2 months later...

A few updates on my 2nd CP:

Almost all pinball buttons are setup and working except for the front nudge.

Tape on pedals is just temporary.

I think I'm going to turn the pedals upside down for a better feel...more like a real car (pedals are attached from the top).

Have to cut a recess at the bottom for the pedals.

t

t

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're bored....

Another update on my cab.  Finally got my Aimtrak lightgun  :D

Also made a PVC holster for it on the side.

Modded the brake and accel pedals and mounted them upside down.

Bought a Logitech Momo steering wheel that I'll be using.

pics:

photo%201_zpsbnoqer4w.jpg

Sensor bar from the lightgun recessed into the cab above monitor:

photo%2014_zpsjmm7btaa.jpg

The lightgun on the side in holster, also the black Wiimote works awesome in Dolphin on the arcade:

Ts%20Time%20Machine_zpsnyuvfr54.jpg

Lightgun by Aimtrak:

2_zpsplqmskwp.jpg

3_zpsfmgodnks.jpg

t

Go Platinum here first, then use the discount code to buy Lifetime Membership at EmuMovies and you're good to go.

Discount code?

I just did this here (and there) a few weeks ago and nothing told me about a discount code. Is that new?

EDIT: Now I see that it is actually very old.

And nice cab. I like the pedals. I used to play on a SF Champ edition machine that looked just like that and my cab is a similar shape to yours.

Am about to try this out myself so i cant wait to see what my arcade looks like running HyperSpin

For me at first, it was a bit overwhelming hehe.

But just stick with it...it actually isn't bad and there a ton of 'how to' posts here as well.

Good luck! :)

t

Ahh, forgot to mention this above...

Been wanting to change the name of the cab (on the marquee) to something like:

"The Time Machine"  dunno hehe...takes you back into time, like different years of the systems you have on HS.

Was wondering about some design ideas on a new marquee(I'm ok at photoshop but not great..).

Any help or even artwork is really appreciated :)

thomas

Archived