Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin wont let me select games!!

Goomba88

Hey guys! ive been getting hyperspin all configured for when i make my MAME cabinet! eveyrthings been going well. a few hiccups here and there but one thing thats bothering me now is that when i got into hyperspin, i can select which emulator i want to play buy using the up and down arrow keys and pushing the ENTER button to select the emulator. But when i go to choose which game i want to play, when i push ENTER to select it nothing happens!! anything know the problem? ive been using hyperspin fine eince i set it up. and all i did today was add some sega genesis roms to it and i didnt touch any settings at all! tried restarting my PC a couple times and still wont work! can anyone help me at all?? thanks!!

hey thanks for the suggestion but i pushed ctrl+alt+delete and it wasnt showing in my task manager.... i have no idea whats going on! this is the first time it happened. and i have no idea what i did! ive never touched any settings at all! just added roms to the roms folder. that was it!

hey thanks for the suggestion but i pushed ctrl+alt+delete and it wasnt showing in my task manager.... i have no idea whats going on! this is the first time it happened. and i have no idea what i did! ive never touched any settings at all! just added roms to the roms folder. that was it!

to fix this problem it's running in your processes not your applications press ctrl+alt+delete [processes tab] hunt down hyperspin apps and end process! should be fixed

also defrag your system and also use a program called registry mechanic get it from a torrent with crack! and your good to go

I recently redid my setup and experienced a similar problem, Hyperspin would load, I would select a game and nothing would happen, e.verything worked using Hyperlaunch. The problem I experienced was due to when I would enter the hyperlaunch.exe a windows security warning was popping up which I had to turn the setting off. Everything worked after that.

• 4 months later...

Hello! this is my first post, but I think I may have the solution to your problem. :P

I was having the same exact problem with my N64 emulator in Hyperspin. I would choose N64, and instead of showing you the games, you would hear an animation sound effect but still remain where you are in the menu.

I fixed this by opening up HyperHQ,

click the "Wheel Settings" tab at the top,

click on "Choose a Wheel",

select the emulator that is having this issue,

click on "Navigation/Themes",

and make sure that ALL "Wheel Filters" are NOT selected.

Hope this helps someone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem is probably that you selected an emulator in HyperHQ (You should leave the space blank in HyperHQ and only select the path to your roms so HyperSpin knows which names to display). Here is the full tutorial on setting up Future Pinball (but it's exactly the same for MAME).

[sOLVED!!!] FULL INSTRUCTIONS TO GET Future Pinball WORKING ON HYPERSPIN 1.4 & ROCKETLAUNCHER (FROM SCRATCH):

(Assuming you have already downloaded RocketLauncher, HyperSpin 1.3, and replaced the HyperSpin 1.3 exe with the HyperSpin 1.4 exe and also replaced the "scripts" folder that came with the HyperSpin 1.4 download)

Point HyperSpin toward the correct location and program
1) Open HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini
2) Change the tenth line down to the following:
Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

(Note: Hyperlaunch is the old name for RocketLauncher. Don't change "Hyperlaunch_Path" just change the directory entry to point toward RocketLauncher.exe in your system. Obviously if your RocketLauncher.exe file is not located in your "C" drive then don't put "C" put the correct drive letter.)

Configure RocketLauncher so it can "talk" with HyperSpin:
1) Open RocketLauncherUI.exe, go to "RocketLauncherUI" tab at top of screen
2) Click on "Frontends" tab, then on green "+" button, and add HyperSpin 1.4 to the Frontends list
Name: HyperSpin 1.4
Path: Locate the HyperSpin 1.4 exe on your drive
RocketLauncherUI Plugin: Auto-Detect
RocketLauncher Plugin: HyperSpin
3) Select HyperSpin 1.4 Frontend that you just created so that it highlights it in the list.
4) Click the circle with red dot icon above "Path" (Still in the RocketLauncherUI tab)

Add Future Pinball to RocketLauncher:
1) Click green "+" symbol at top left of RocketLauncherUI screen (Under "Select a System")
Choose System Name: Future Pinball
Select Emulator: (Click green "+" to create emulator...then...
Name: Future Pinball
Path: Point to your systems Future Pinball.exe file
Rom Extensions: fpt
Module: Future Pinball (Will be in the list if RocketLauncher is up to date)
GUI Path: (LEAVE THIS BLANK)
CLI Parameters: (LEAVE THIS BLANK)
(DO NOT CHECK VIRTUAL EMULATOR)
Select Rom Path(s): Point to your systems rom path with Future Pinball (.fpt) tables (make sure all of your tables and their associated files are in one folder, not invarous folders)
Database Creation: Generate Database from Rom Path
(Click next, look at "Overview" if you want, then click "Finish")

Set up HyperHQ so that HyperSpin knows what tables you have:
1) Open HyperHQ.exe
2) Click on "Wheel Settings" tab
3) Click "Choose a Wheel" drop down, and Select "Future Pinball"
Configure settings:
Execution: HyperLaunch (This is "RocketLauncher" they are just using its old name "HyperLaunch")
PC Game: Disabled
Executable: (LEAVE THIS BLANK - IF YOU DO NOT YOUR TABLES WILL NOT LAUNCH IN HYPERSPIN - THIS IS THE ERROR YOU FIND ALL OVER GOOGLE AND HS FORUMS)
Rom Path: Point to your systems rom path with Future Pinball tables/associated Future Pinball files
Params: (Leave this blank)
Extensions: fpt
Use Full Path To Roms: Enabled
Search Subfolders: Enabled
WinState: HIDDEN
Command Line Preview: (This should be auto filled in, but in case it's not type the following exactly as it appears here immediately after this parentheses->)HyperLaunch.exe "Future Pinball" "RomName"
Note: HyperHQ auto saves as soon as you make any changes so you can close out of the program if you like or leave it open if you'd rather, but you're done with it for the Future Pinball setup.

Open HyperSpin.exe, locate "Future Pinball" in your list, select your favorite pinball table, hit start, and have fun!

On a side note not related to my directions above: If you get an error in HyperSpin about the xml file being invalid just locate the xml in "Databases" in both the HyperSpin and RocketLauncherUI folders, right click on them, click edit, and find the table "300" it has one too many quotation marks (") (you'll see three of them in a row, delete one of them and save the file before you close it)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

Im new to this, but previously set up a mala system and now have mame running on hyperspin/rocketlauncher

Im having the same issue with project 64 (v2. 3). It wont load any games from wheel or hyperlaunch. Tried all the above solutions. Getting the following message:

Cannot find C:\Hyperspin\modules\Nintendo 64\nintendo 64.ahk 

You do not have a HyperLaunch2 module for nintendo 64. Please create one or check Hyperlist. 

Any help appreciated thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived