Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

retroarch for Jaguar

KMHamel

I have been using virtual jaguar for the last two years and it does an ok job.

I have just seen that RetroArch will do Jaguar. Has anyone used retroarch to run Jaguar? How does it do? I tried one game and the sound was pretty funky using retroarch but ran fine using virtual Jaguar.

I figured I didn't have the audio set right in retroarch.

This will be the first time I ran retroarch so I'm still a noob with this emulator.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your settings for the audio.

Does retorarch update the core software when there is an update to the emulator the core is taken from?

I assume that since the core is named Atari jaguar (virtual jaguar) that the core came from said emulator.

A) Retroarch's Virtual Jaguar core doesn't have sound to my knowledge.

B) The only reason there is a Virtual Jaguar core in Retroarch is spite. The main guy behind RA decided to pull his normal routine of going to emulator authors and trying to push his stuff onto them and then attacking them outright if they dare disagree. They have no real intention of making it decent.

I just tested mine and it has full sound. Just spent the last 5 minutes playing Bugsy and Brutal Sports Football and Zool. However, I'm using a Retroarch version that someone here posted in the FTP a while back. I had issues with the normal version from the libretro site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
anyone know where module and custom version? and how to add the module maybe.. please and thank you.

My FTP folder. But that's old. I think the new Hyperlaunch already includes a module so there's no need for it. Just download the latest version of Retroarch and go with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread. This is more of a RetroArch issue, but finding help on their forums can be difficult sometimes. The virtualjaguar core keeps crashing on me as soon as I load a rom. Is  this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Time to resurrect this thread. This is more of a RetroArch issue, but finding help on their forums can be difficult sometimes. The virtualjaguar core keeps crashing on me as soon as I load a rom. Is  this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

Thanks.

I was never able to launch a game as well. Using .jag files correct?

I was never able to launch a game as well. Using .jag files correct?

Yes. I sought help on the libretro forum, and it sounds like it's a bug in the newer Windows core. One of the developers sent me a link to an older core that I've got working. Here it is if you're interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/51v8mlqd5a2305l/virtualjaguar_libretro.dll

• 1 month later...

At the expense of resurrecting/hijacking an old thread...  Are you guys able to have 2 players with the Retroarch Virtual Jaguar core?  I have stability issues with the core also, but the main problem is that  I can only get player 1 to function.  When I look at the core input options, it only lists inputs for player 1.  I can load a core input remap file with inputs for player 2 designated, but it doesn't work.  I've tried newer/older versions of the core, but the issue persists.  Any thoughts?      

Archived