Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperLaunch - Cannot Find Systems.XML

newoski

Hi Guys,

I'm on a fresh install with the latest HyperLaunch. HyperHQ and HyperSpin both work fine for testing games, however, when I try to load HyperLaunch.exe I get an error message:

cannot find: ...\Databases\Systems.xml

The Systems.xml does not exist. How do I create it / where should I get it?

I've never seen this error before.

Thanks,

Owen

Copied from the How to Install HyperSpin guide

11.) Open your HyperLaunch folder (C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch), now look for the HyperLaunchHQ folder open it and then open HyperLaunchHQ.exe

12.) You will be greeted with a prompt asking where HyperLaunch is installed. Just point it to your HyperLaunch folder C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch. This is HyperLaunchHQ the graphical user interface (gui) for editing HyperLaunch settings. You're thinking wow, so many settings this is too complicated. Well that's your fault for wanting lots of customization .

13.) Look for the big tab on the right with the HyperLaunchHQ image and click on it.

13.) Look for the big tab on the right with the HyperLaunchHQ image and click on it.

14.) Now look for a smaller tab called "Frontends" beneath the row of big tabs and click on it

15.) Click the green + under the small tabs and add a new frontend (here you can add different frontends like gamex or kodi).

16.) In the popup window titled Add Frontend:

16. a) for the first blank, set the name to HyperSpin

16. B) for the second blank, Click the Magnifying glass to the right and locate your HyperSpin.exe application. (C:\HyperSpin\Hyperspin.exe which should look like ..\..\HyperSpin.exe if you are following the guide)

16. c) for the HyperLaunchHQ plugin, choose Hyperspin in the dropdown box.

16. d) for the HyperLaunch plugin, choose Hyperspin in the dropdown box.

16. e) click on the button that looks like a blue floppy disk to save, if the button is not available just click the red x button to close and save the window.

17.) Highlight the HyperSpin frontend item in the list you just added and:

17. a) click on the button that looks like a folder with a thumbtack (bulletin board pin) to set HyperSpin as your default frontend. (default frontend means HyperLaunchHQ will always start up with this frontend)

17. B) click on the button that looks like a robot terminator red eye to set HyperSpin as the active frontend. (active frontend means the frontend that you are currently working on in HyperLaunchHQ)

18.) Look in the left near the top of the HyperLaunchHQ main window for the words "Select a System" under it you should see a button that looks like two green arrows making a circle. Click on the circular green arrows button to refresh the systems list to match the active frontend. You can now close HyperLaunchHQ or leave it open (you will need to open it later in this guide).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived