Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Space Invaders Super Deluxe - Hyperspin custom cabinet

dreg604

Hello Everyone!

I'm totally new here, first post ever on the Hyperspin forum. Just wanted to share with you my most recent project. I've been fixing restoring and playing pinballs and arcades for the past 10 years. Since last year I have created a side job where I'm doing high end overhaul of machines. I've done Super Pac-Man, Asteroids, Ms Pac-Man and a custom machine for my workplace. I also got the biggest request ever to build a custom cabinet from scratch for a 4 player machine with the biggest possible screen.

The client is a big Space Invaders fan and wanted the machine to looks as vintage as possible while offering the newest technology. The cabinet has a 4" lcd; he was wishing for a 55" at first and said it was too big considering how close the players will be from it. I wont get into every details yet, it's been a huge 6 months of works aside my full time job. Most of all I'm very glad to say that the machine is exactly as I expected it to be. Side and front art is all hand painted by the way.

Cheers

Dreg

post-59661-0-89032300-1429032556_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great feedback. Find out more WIP pics on my facebook page. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have from the pics. As example I built custom handle to move the TV around. This also makes it more easier to move the cabinet around withtout the TV in. I also built a fake carboard TV to help me be as precise as possible on the fitting of the screen, without having to hold the actual TV while doing it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/arcademoica

I don't mind :D There is about 2500$ in materials and it's an 80 hours job at 40$ an hour rate (canadian dollars!). So around 4700$ us. I'm also very comfortable at crating and shipping a game worldwide.

This project was way too overwhelming for the past 8 months. I've been working on it night and weekends and it was quite a stress on the family. I'm very looking forward to have my own workshop and being able to do this on  a full time scale. My next client is requesting a Theater of Magic pinball overhaul that will get over the 10k mark in time and parts. Can't wait to work on that one, but that's for another forum ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived