Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

CP idea (feedback)

Kermyb123

Hi all,

My fist Hyperspin machine in the works. Looking for some feed back on the ideas I have for my CP.  This will be a multi-machine setup.

Added new ideas... Calling the SMB Panel 3 a final...

Adding a Marquee for all to see.

post-58741-0-74357200-1429843232_thumb.jpg

post-58741-0-98484700-1429845665_thumb.jpg

No mock-up.  Call me crazy but I work flat on the graphics and have to physically build - I'm a terrible designer.

As for the selection - I'm still playing on a theme, see this be a rough Vewlix clone (simplified for lamination) it's mostly for my two kids so durability is a must!  As for the characters I'm trying to keep things fun but not quick to out-grow.  I was born with the Atari 2600, but my fondest memories are of the NES in 1985.  

I'm honestly open for any and all ideas - I've played with Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator) for over a decade - throw me an idea and it it makes sense I'll run with it, again I'm a terrible with ideas.

Gotcha. I have many fond memories of the NES as well. I'm building my own multi-system cab and still working on the CP art/theme; just wanted to get some insight into other's thought process. Thanks for the share!

Looks awesome!!

Would you consider using white/soft opaque buttons?

The buttons I'm using are from GGG.  Electric ICE with RGB leds, driven via a LEDWiz. 

My plan would to be color match to the green / red, P1 / P2 high lighting the usable buttons based on game.

I'm pretty happy with it - Plan on starting the Marquee tonight.

I voted for the bottom panel. Looks good. IMO you should change your start button to genre. The p1 & p2 start buttons will work for start. If you're in a favorites wheel you can press genre to get to all your other wheels including "all". You will prob want credit buttons for p1/p2 too unless you're using coin mechs or something else.

I'm happy with my GGG buttons. Good choice.

Junky

I voted for the bottom panel. Looks good. IMO you should change your start button to genre. The p1 & p2 start buttons will work for start. If you're in a favorites wheel you can press genre to get to all your other wheels including "all". You will prob want credit buttons for p1/p2 too unless you're using coin mechs or something else.

I'm happy with my GGG buttons. Good choice.

Junky

Noted - and agree I will change the start to genre.  I do have a coin mech. By bottom, are you referring to "CP8" or "Super Mario Panel"?

Thanks Junky

The second CP looks a little uncomfortable, or is it just me?

Wonderful work, it just looks awesome. The too much or too little really depends on you, haha.. I'm more a minimalist, so for a side art I'd choose something really simple like a warp pipe with some special detail on a black background, but that's me.. or what about a Bowser's Castle's artwork? that would be nice as side art as well.

Looking for some input on the Marquee as well now...

You should seriously consider a screen and hypermarque. Once again, just my opinion.

Junky

I would love to and have considered it.  Problem is even at 21:9 its a little too tall for my taste, 13+-" to a 29+- width??  

I also have to consider the W.A.F. I'f I was single I would probably have a lot less money and a lot more toys!

It looks good (maybe adding a light texture or a gradient to red/green boxes may be better) but I think using console's art on cabinets should be illegal worldwide :P

Console art? Mario's been around since "Donkey Kong"... And hi pal Luigi since "Mario Brothers". Both are arcade!  - I'm messing with you (true as it may be) I agree but I'm not creating an authentic machine here - mostly for family fun and, to me Mario is timeless.  Besides my HyperSpin setup will include at least four consoles from N.

I tried a gradient, didn't work for me likes it simple to match the "character world"..  Thanks for the suggestion! It was worth a try.

Anyone know if I should start a new thread with my build - I'm about 50% at this point, or merge it in to this?  Maybe have an admin change the title to "SUPERCADE Build"?

I did not comment on your original ideas, and was not a fan of any of them, however, your newest draft looks awesome.  Have to agree with the button alignment does not look that comfortable, but we all learn to play our cabs as build so that is really not a huge issue.  I don't know what your joystick choice is but the ones I used would almost completely cover up the d-pad graphics you used (just a thought).  Great work thus far!

Edit: looked again at the button size vs joystick area, maybe it won't cover as much as I originally thought...

I'm curious why the panel is so deep? So thick it almost looks like a tabletop.

Good question.  Answer:I'm worried I will mess up my CPO when applying so I guess call it mega-bleed?  Worth the extra few dollars to assure I don't miss the mark.  Here is what it SHOULD look like when applied.

About 19"X36"  (32" screen)

I also like hammering on golden tee once in a while and have nearly broken a finger on the trackball.  I little extra room for me.

post-58741-0-37600600-1430164894_thumb.jpg

Archived