Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New media being added to HyperSync

baddeolv

I know I've been away for a bit, dealing with personal dramas, but I'm back. Not only that, I have been collecting media for HyperSync. Throughout the next couple weeks I am going to be adding it to sync little bits at a time, everyday. It's a tedious process of renaming/resizing etc, so the daily updates won't be huge. I would recommend running a sync once a day though. All in all, I have over 100gigs of artwork/sounds/etc that I plan on adding, as well as adding newly supported systems! It's going to be a great time to be platinum if you can't get enough eye candy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic news.  thanks mate and its dreat to see you back!  Without beoing too fussy.  But is it possible to start haveing a download for Widescreen versions of tthe artwork?  I know Themes will be WIP.  But for box, cart and default themes it would be nice to have this as standard? 

After the poll for the Bezels it was found that 3/4 of the people using HS did have the 16:9 screens so it does make sense?

Again though mate... welcome back!

Just on a side note guys, We have split TTX, into 3 xmls now so change your setups accordingly.  Taito Type X, Arcade PC, and Examu Ex-Board.  The xmls are in the hyperbase section, as well as on hypersync ;)

Is there art available for these? Main menu wheels and themes? System Themes?

As austin585 was saying, lots of peoples are on 16:9 even on cabs these days (you know, glsl, retroarch, etc+ sf4, mkk, etc) so i think it would be interesting to have 3 kind of artworks/theme on hypersync:

Classic 4:3 arcade

Classic 16:9 arcade (some people are converting original themes to 16:9)

HTPC 16:9

In the very end I think there should be an "official" 16:9 HTPC theme skin for hyperspin :)

Ah, I totally missed his post as he typed within the quote brackets, so it looked like he posted nothing but a quote at all

Oh. Sorry. I noticed that too. It was my first post in the new forums, so I just started typing after the quote. I see now that there is a seperate window below the qoute. My bad :)

As austin585 was saying, lots of peoples are on 16:9 even on cabs these days (you know, glsl, retroarch, etc+ sf4, mkk, etc) so i think it would be interesting to have 3 kind of artworks/theme on hypersync:

Classic 4:3 arcade

Classic 16:9 arcade (some people are converting original themes to 16:9)

HTPC 16:9

In the very end I think there should be an "official" 16:9 HTPC theme skin for hyperspin :)

this can be done easily, but id need someone to put a packet together for me.  Im working this alone, and i already have my hands full.  If anyone wants to compile these into folders based on system names, i have no problem adding them

Just on a side note guys, We have split TTX, into 3 xmls now so change your setups accordingly.  Taito Type X, Arcade PC, and Examu Ex-Board.  The xmls are in the hyperbase section, as well as on hypersync ;)

Is there art available for these? Main menu wheels and themes? System Themes?

yup

For 16:9 arcade theme there's a thread http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/7167-hyperspin-169-artwork-and-themes-converted-from-43/page-10 I guess it would be better if someone from the media approval team keep an eye on this to ensure quality and make themes official. The project is going on an there are some members involved, maybe a "roadmap" would be needed :P . Consider that lately some procedures have been automatized, right now it's possible to create future-proof 1080p theme in photoshop and then convert pngs artworks and background to 1024*768 ratio corrected with a flash script (no flash knowledge needed, the main reason for flash is it has an useful "smooth flag" that improve artworks on higher resolution). Blackned15 did also a flash script to create flash animated rotating discs with ratio correction :)

For HTPC official themes I guess global megatheme or another pre-made packet can be used. If someone want to assemble another theme from what's already done I can help with flash special artworks and infopanels: again, it is possible to batch in photoshop infos contained in hyperspin's XLMs, theres' a tutorial (infopanels tutorial.zip) on my FTP folder. The advantage is you can choose font, color, effects, placement, etc instead of using hyperspin's built-in infos. The downside is an artwork layer must be dedicated to this :P

Archived